Low kick highlights-Ernesto Hoost

Discussion in 'Muay Thai' started by DeeD, Jul 27, 2013.

1. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

We were talking about low kicks in another section thought id post a cool video i came across
    MattCMMA and RJ Clark like this.
  2. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

Good stuff! Can't count how many times he sets up that kick with the right, even when his hand is thrown with no intention of landing the strike the opponent reacts to it which leaves them open for a devastating kick.
    Just had my one buddy who's a wrestling coach over for a training session this morning and one of the techniques I had him focusing on was the rear leg roundhouse being "pulled" by the right elbow in the combo with the hands (targeted to cut into the knee). He called it the "ghost kick" because even in low intensity sparring he wasn't picking it up because the hands set-up the kick so effectively (it also gave me a blip on the pride radar for the technique;)). It's such a money combo: jab variant-cross/hook/overhand-low roundhouse. With his strong wrestling base he's going to be a great training partner when I get him up to speed on some striking and submission defenses...
    DeeD and MattCMMA like this.
  3. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

And when he lands those kicks he lands them HARD,

Its true is such an effective technique i like following it up with a left horizontal knee to just below the elbow , so after I throw the right low roundhouse and land it I land on it(so effectively walk step) and then throw the left horizontal knee it puts me into close quarters to throw a elbow after that(which i like doing) also easy for me to close that distance because of my height 6ft4"