5 Annoying Types of Martial Arts Students

Discussion in 'Articles' started by SifuPhil, Aug 10, 2012.

1. TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger Taoist Immortal

That cover is just fantastic. Has martial arts just found it's own 50 shades I wonder...

SifuPhil likes this.
  2. Judah

Judah fights in tights

You guys had me cracked up! I choked on my cup-o-tea!

SifuPhil likes this.
  3. Judah

Judah fights in tights

50 shades of chi

SifuPhil likes this.
  4. Aaron Hutto

Aaron Hutto Master

Put the emphasis on all the vowels - elongate the words and do either a wink or a double eye brow lift after you say it.

SifuPhil and Judah like this.
  5. Ben

Ben Master

just a little :p

TheWhiteTiger likes this.
  6. Judah

Judah fights in tights

So wink, lift the brows and adopt an American accent??

7. Judah

Judah fights in tights

I had this one lad, everytime you'd try to teach him a wrist lock, arm bar any kind of joint manipulation he'd say "but what if I turn like this or I do this or that or the other" after the umpteenth time I got annoyed, asked "when you learnt a rising block why didn't you ask 'what if the attack is a feint? When first showed a jab why not ask 'what if he gets out of the way'?" I've known a few like that, usually they've had a few months, maybe a year or so at one club/school/dojo and they come to a new place full of knowledge from the previous place which may have been a cometely different system. Like a boxer turning up at a judo club and saying "what if I punch you in the face?"

8. Gone

Gone Guest

Thank god I aint any of them. I do show up to class a little early so I can get myself adjusted, in the "zone" and do some stretching/warm ups before class begins.

SifuPhil likes this.