A great Video I came across that embodies Muay Thai

Discussion in 'Muay Thai' started by DeeD, Dec 11, 2012.

1. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

Hi everyone I came across this video and really enjoyed how it embodies the tradition of respect and honour within a muay thai context

Is this how you see Muay thai or do you see it differently ? , Muay thai can be extremely brutal but there is much history and honour in it

Dave76, Vldz, Enkidu and 1 other person like this.
  3. Martialist

Martialist Each One, Teach One

Good Muay Thai video, Very inspiring!

DeeD likes this.
  4. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

Good stuff, mister! Thank you for posting it.(y)

DeeD likes this.
  5. Dagon Akujin

Dagon Akujin Jimmy Rustler

Whoa, that was beautiful. And what is extra hilarious is I was just having a meeting with my sifu and a bunch of my kung fu brothers. My sifu recommended that we all watch Pumping Iron, and I asked if we all needed to make a kung fu training montage. He said, and this was seriously just 10 minutes ago, "Yes, yes, you all need a training montage and it needs to be f***ing awesome and inspirational."

And then I watched that. ;)

6. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

:) well keep us posted with your montage I love inspirational martial art videos, I think if your montage embodies your training principles and underlying culture it will be a great (y)

ps on a lighter side from a kung fu perspective stabbing someone with a spear and them not bleeding is always a winner haha maybe add that :)

7. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

My favorite MT montage is the iron life video about Ramon "The Diamond" Dekkers

DeeD, Dagon Akujin and RJ Clark like this.
  8. Dagon Akujin

Dagon Akujin Jimmy Rustler

That's totally cheating though, posting a Ramon Dekkers video. Totally cheating!

I remember way way way back in the day when ESPN 2 used to show Muay Thai fights sometimes. At the restaurant I worked at one day I had them turn all the channels to some fights, and low-and-behold, "some white guy" got in the ring. I said to everyone "This guy is going to so get his ass kicked! They always try to embarrass the white/Korean/Japanese guys!" Because back then, that's what always seemed to happen.

Then it turned out to be Dekker. And he turned out to kick a whole ton of ass. And it was amazing.

RJ Clark and Enkidu like this.
  9. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

He is a powerhouse and really pioneered much with westerners and Muay thai,

10. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

This popped up after watching your link Enkidu. Thought it was interesting.

11. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

I wish there had been more discussion of his style of training or his "unique" combinations.

Sherratt likes this.
  12. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

On Dekkers...All of his techniques used the core for power punches, kicks and knees...the girl in the pink shorts had the best techniques of all the fighters in the video.

How many are going back because of the "pink" shorts?

13. NativeWarrior

NativeWarrior Enlightened Human Being

I loved it! It shows the kid getting bullied, learning Muay Thai for the sake of self-defending himself, and learning along the way that Muay Thai is not just a fighting or a sporting art, it's also a rich traditional one that it's history shouldn't be forgotten. He comes back mentally, physically, spiritually, and emotionally capable and ready for his fight, which he won, and at the end he teaches all he learned about the glorious art to his new student...it was an amazing clip! Muay Thai is a lethal Martial Art but just like other arts it can teach you traits that you will always have for the rest of your life.

DeeD likes this.