A Little Debate About North Korea

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kevin, Apr 6, 2013.

1. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

How do you think things are going to develop with the little man from Korea?

kim.jpg

SifuPhil, Vldz and Dave76 like this.
  3. Locutus

Locutus Your fight is futile, my hands are pounding you!

There is nothing more dangerous than a cornered animal.

4. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

Yeah but there would be no need to corner him if he hadn't of started to make threats. Everyone is pretty edgy where he is concerned at the moment and with good reason. I also think China will distance themselves from him should anything kicks off.

5. in my opinion, ....i don't know!.......however , this guy, like his father before him and HIS father before him , are cocooned in a bubble surrounded by toadies. he (in my opinion) has no concept of the way of the world, is used to having things done as HE says they'll be done. With sanctions imposed the north is very poor, though i believe the people are brainwashed into believing what the state tells them. their army is apparently very well trained and (again in my opinion) very ruthless and very numerous. however, China has never needed the west as much as it currently does and ( i don't think) would get involved with helping the north as it did in the korean war, if it kicked off again, as other than being another communist state,it has no benifits to the chinese, whereas the west is the main source for most of it's exports ( yup, it comes done to money) If it did kick off and the north fired a nuke (apparently it only has about 5 and all of these together are less than the one dropped on nagasaki) the U.S. would fire small but well placed tactical nukes at key targets (well away from the chinese border) which would rip the heart out of the norths offensive capability. the conventional war would be mostly south korean units with again some U.S. units.......and it would be nasty and vicious....and the north would run out of supplies......but hey...this is just my opinion:)

Charlay Atkins likes this.
  6. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

Let's all hope it doesn't it come to this.

7. David Manson

David Manson Disciple

I think he's just like his father. A little man trying to make a big impression on his people and on the world. At the end of the day he will back down.

8. dmach

dmach Martial Archivest

That's the only reason I can think of for why he has started his sabre rattling. That or the Economic situation in NK has gotten so desperate that they need the resources of the South and war is the only way their tiny little brains can think of to get the help they need.

9. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

He has threatened the world with nuclear war... and pointed first at the US.
    Threats like this categorize a sociopath. And he is a skilled exploiter.

10. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

God I hope he actually see's that.

11. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

This is what happens when armed conflicts end in armistice....for peace to work, one side has to be defeated and must surrender unconditionally. Carthage never messed with Rome, after the third Punic War, the Romans destroyed Carthage and sowed salt on the ground.

North Korea does this every time the US has war games with South Korea, then we give them food, aid, money, nuclear reactors (yes during Clinton), I had a friend who was one of the US nuclear physicists who was involved in this endeavor. Can't treat dictators like spoiled children.

He is trying to prove his manhood to "his" people by challenging the female president of South Korea.

SifuPhil likes this.
  12. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

yea i think its just posturing, acting tough

13. Void_Karateka

Void_Karateka Pauper Karateka

What's a "Mongler"?

14. Judah

Judah fights in tights

Very funny. Korea, taekwondo, kicks off. I get it.

Semper Gumby, SifuPhil, Pedro and 2 others like this.
  15. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

A few months ago I read an article which said that he is doing all of this to increase his bargaining position later with other countries for aid etc. I doubt that is what is happening. They live in a bubble there.

From what I understand, if Kim did start working with Western countries, he would have been ousted very quickly. In many respects, he is a puppet of the many senior officials who wield power in the country. I don't think outside North Korea truly knows how things are structured inside the country.

It does seem that he is backing himself into a country where War may be inevitable. I hope it isn't. It's easy to forgot that 0.05% of the country are controlling millions of innocent people (albeit innocent people who have been brainwashed since birth). Hopefully it can be resolved without conflict....but that could be wishful thinking.

16. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

Called appeasement... it not only doesn't work with exploiters/manipulators... it works for them...
    Don't get me started...

Mr.Bond likes this.
  17. dmach

dmach Martial Archivest

And what pisses me off the most about this whole thing is that if that 0.05% get the war they want, they will be hiding in the deepest darkest hole in North Korea while the country falls apart around them. Unfortunately to, with an army of Brainwashed drones at their disposal, they will fight to the bitter end - this will be nothing like Iraq.

18. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Yeah I definitely agree it will be different to Iraq. I think it's a stretch to call Iraq a success, though the USA/UK etc did try and win over the people with flyers and announcements etc, and to some extent that did work. I don't see how that would work in North Korea.

19. Master Fahy

Master Fahy Samurai

Having served in the demilitarized zone (DMZ) between North and South Korea for 2 yrs. out of the 4.5 yrs. in the western sector, I have witnessed first hand the actions of the North on a daily basis which is nothing more than a show to the outside world. The North spends most of their money (GNP) on their military while their people are starving. They expect the rest of the world to send aid for their people while they spend their money on weapons! This is their tactic every time ( Rant and rave) and the rest us give them something to settle them down for awhile. The North has a village called propaganda village which is a mock up village with no people around except for a few maintenance men for up keep. This village that they show the rest of the world and want us to believe that they are up to date with the rest of us. I believe that they are trying to make everyone believe that they have the strength and ability to match the rest of us. They have done this many many times in the past, they will do it many many more times in the future until someone actually does something about it! Master Fahy

RJ Clark, Enkidu, SifuPhil and 2 others like this.
  20. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

That's interesting. It must have been fascinating to serve at the DMZ (I don't imagine it would be much fun at the moment).

I disagree with the USA/UK going into countries in Afghanistan, as I believe the primary purpose was for oil, gas, and other natural resources. Though North Korea is an example of a country that does need help. The people there are trapped in a time capsule.

homer-cult.jpg

21. Master Fahy

Master Fahy Samurai

Thank's Kevin! I learned a lot while being stationed there. Yes, I don't agree with going into other countries unless they ask for our help or it is in the best interest of both countries. I don't agree with these other countries having nuclear weapons or trying to gain them! Master Fahy

Caneman likes this.