Accurate US crime data rate based on FBI Statistics.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mr.Bond, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

3. Locutus

Locutus Your fight is futile, my hands are pounding you!

The thing about statistics is the 58% of people believe any number with a percentage sign next to it. 67% of statistics can be used to explain both good and bad and 31% are false anyway. This leaves the remaining 2% to be figments of my imagination.

dmach and Charlay Atkins like this.
  4. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

The statistics wouldn't be accurate anyway as not all crimes get reported. They would only be the ones they know about. So as far as statistics go, it's pretty pointless posting especially as they are released by a government organisation and this applies to any country I'm afraid. Although it would only be used as a guide line, but still not very accurate.

Also I tried the link provided but all I get is a blank page, I guess my parental settings are somewhat a miss. ;):D

5. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

6. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Here Charlay...

Dave76 likes this.
  7. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Opinions are like assholes, everybody has one.....

8. Judah

Judah fights in tights

You just made that up off the top of your head didn't you?

9. Locutus

If it wasn't for assholes, the world would be constipated :D

10. Locutus

Yep :)

Judah likes this.
  11. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Assholes are very important in this world....Life would be very irregular without them.....

Locutus likes this.
  12. Judah

Judah fights in tights

You saying we need people who talk shit?

13. Locutus

We gotta have someone to take out our frustrations on. Why study MA otherwise? If nobody talked shit then we would all have brown eyes. My eyes are blue because I dribble shit all the time.

Charlay Atkins likes this.
  14. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

Why thank you Mr Bond.

I wasn't being pedantic with regards to my comment in relation to your post on here. I just know that statistics can be made to say what you want them too. I am also aware that you would not have posted this had that been the case. I was merely passing on my thoughts on this subject and as I couldn't view the link I would also let you know.;)

With regards to the video, it made some very interesting points. With regards to the media only giving the information that they want, so that they may push their own agenda, well no change there then. That's the way it's always been.

Mr.Bond likes this.
  15. Judah

Judah fights in tights

I'd noticed..... ;)

Locutus likes this.
  16. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Charlay, no offense taken....I agree with the data and stat issue. However, the guy in the video did do a good job and tried to compare the two countries as equally as possible, making the point of the population center discrepancy.

However, countries like Honduras, El Salvador, Ukraine, and some other Eastern European countries, have higher crime rates (as a percentage of the population) than the US and the UK. Guns are banned AND have fewer cities with 250K inhabitants or more.

So again, I always come down to the criminals commit the crime. Was there not a call to ban large kitchen knives in England?

http://frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreen...-ban-on-long-kitchen-knives-to-end-stabbings/

What would Julia do?

17. Judah

Judah fights in tights

I can believe the UK has a higher violent crime rate than the US. I think however it should be pointed out that in the UK one can be guilty of assault without actually touching someone, if you make a move which someone believes to be you trying to hit them that's assault... Crazy eh?

18. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

Absolutely agree with you on this, he took an objective view and had drawn on some very good points in relation to it. No country is without it's faults where crime is concerned. But instead of focusing on one issue they need to look at the whole picture which no one really seems to want to do. Things just get palmed off as something else being the problem or it's someone else's problem to sort it. Which is just crazy.

Yeah I think there was something about banning large kitchen knives but I don't think that ever came to fruition to be honest.

19. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Judah, I am not a lawyer, but I think that it is the same here but I don't think this is the crime in the stats...

I have been to the UK several times, and just like the guy says in the video, I am sure that more crimes happen in the East End of London than in Hyde Park.

Judah likes this.
  20. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

Yeah if they're posture or verbally aggressive whilst moving towards you, that is classed as aggression with intent. However I also know that if you push the person away with open hands this not assault as they are invading your personal space. I was told this by an officer in England. Well while I lived there anyway.;)

21. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

And that is the problem....They have an agenda, wan't to ban wha ever ( AR 15, pistols, revolvers, knives, pointy sticks) and it won't protect anyone and more people will die because THAT was not the solution. Reducing CRIME is what saves lives and crime in the US has fallen, so we need to concentrate on that....realizing that there will always be crime unless we live in Soviet Russia or Nazi Germany, then the criminal is the state.

In the US more people died with hammers than rifles. Ban hammers?