Accurate US crime data rate based on FBI Statistics.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Mr.Bond, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Judah

Judah fights in tights

2. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Charley wrote:

However I also understand it is down to the person driving or using said equipment to behave (use) responsibly.

3. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

Thanks bud sorry wasn't being funny but you quoted the whole post so it kind of made it difficult for me to know what you wanted me to look at.

Ok I also wrote in that post that the actions of the few spoil it for the many which in essence says that it is down to certain individuals that spoil things for everyone else.

Again I'm not trying to be thick here but you have just re thrown part of my post back at me, but without explaining anything.

I hope that you are not getting at my grammatical use of the word "person" as opposed to using the descriptive word of "individual" in my sentence?

Because that would be very pedantic of you if that were the case.:D

4. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

I had the sentence at the very top, then your quote, maybe it did not show right....

Anyway, enjoy The Riviera. I have an ex who lives in Monte Carlo.....

5. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

Thanks bud ;)

6. Judah

Judah fights in tights

Interestingly the .223 (5.56mm) cartridge was adopted because it's less likely to actually kill it's target (unless of course it hits a vital organ) thereby necessitating 2 more combatants to take the injured soldier out of the battlefield.

I wouldn't use it for self defence at home though, shoot an intruder at close range and it's very likely the round will pass straight through and continue on until it hits someone or something else. I believe the police use shotguns for that very reason, buckshot doesn't have the same kind of penetration as ball rounds. Of course you should always buy your shotguns from "Judah's shotguns inc"

7. Gone

Gone Guest

Mr.Bond likes this.
  8. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Red. That's great.

Red Australian likes this.
  9. Gone

Gone Guest

I don't want to get involved in another firearm discussion too much, out of respect of the new rules that Kevin wrote down but if there is gonna be a discussion on firearms, it should begin first and foremost with that one link before anything else is said.

Charlay Atkins likes this.
  10. Gone

Gone Guest

I would also advice that you save a copy of that to your favourites, to back-up USBs and so forth. Print off dozens of copies and hand them out to anyone who has shot or even held a firearm before. Give it to people at the firearm ranges, the gun shops, the local enthusiasts, to police officers, and especially to anyone who is on the fence about the whole firearms issue.

11. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Just saved it to my sisters iPad......

12. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

Thanks Red will definitely take a look at this and thanks for posting the link it should make a very interesting read. (y)

13. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

Less likely to kill eh?
    An Ar-15 with .223 calibre rounds, semi auto, etc, was used in the recent school massacre in Newtown.
    Just sayin!

14. Gone

Gone Guest

Would you prefer if they were shot in the head with say.. a .303 Lee Enfield bolt action?

15. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

Don't be silly.
    Was merely pointing out that a .223 was used with sickening effect recently.

As someone who owns a .223 and uses it for hunting I'm only to well aware of their capabilites, which is why I found Judah's comment interesting.

16. Gone

Gone Guest

Honestly, I don't think it matters if the guy used a car, some molotov cocktails, a chainsaw, a baseball bat, an axe, or a firearm to make kills. It wouldn't make it any more lawful. And the tens/hundreds of millions of law abiding shouldn't be punished with even more retarded laws just because of what particular individuals do.

Judah likes this.
  17. Judah

Judah fights in tights

It depends where they're hit and what range, within 100 metres the round will go straight through. After that if it hits bone it won't shatter the bone it changes course and follows the bone. A person can be shot in the shoulder and the round can exit near the elbow for example. Take a .303 or .308 and if one of those bad boys hits a bone it's shattering it, it'll also cause a much bigger exit wound.