All Discussions Room

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Kevin, Dec 13, 2012.

1. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I've added a global room to the forum. It simply lists all the threads in the forum. This makes it easier to browse the latest forums over the last few weeks or months.

I've set it up so that you cannot post here. Threads still need to be created in their respective room however any threads created will be shown in the All Discussions room as well.

For example, creating a thread in the Karate room will display the thread in the Karate room and in the All Discussions room. Hope you all find it useful.

Plus, if you can think of a better name for the room, I'm all ears. All Discussions isn't the greatest. I thought about calling it the Global Room.

It's up to you guys. :)
    Kevin

Aaron Hutto and Enkidu like this.
  3. Locutus

Locutus Your fight is futile, my hands are pounding you!

Hmmm, You couldn't use MMA room. Thats taken. How about "The free for all" room? Some others.
    "Blow by blow room"
    "Gi's not required room"
    "All Action room"
    "Kicks, chicks and flicks room"
    "River of rassling room"
    "Martial Arts Monologs room"

I could think up some more but have run out of time.

SifuPhil and Kevin like this.
  4. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

haha some good suggestions. I'm torn between doing something funny like that or being more practical and making the title self explanatory - as people won't use the link if it's obscure.

I've been thinking of modifying the home page and making the sub forums less prominent, as most rooms aren't being used etc. There are better ways to list forum rooms. :)

5. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Rest Room.

SifuPhil and Kevin like this.
  6. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

haha The Toilet!

7. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

If it's listing the most current/active threads, then Recent Topics is self explanatory for someone new who wants an overview of what's on the table.

8. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Perhaps All Topics is better as it lists posts from the very start of the site. Topics is definitely a better word to use than discussions. :)

SifuPhil likes this.
  9. arron butler

arron butler Fist of Fury

That sounds great Kev.

10. Locutus

Boooorrrriiinngggg :whistle:

11. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

Yeah, but the hits, man - ya' gotta' think of the HITS! :sneaky:

If it has to be, then I would go with "All Topics". I do however agree with RJ about the Recent Topics section - is that going to stay or are you going to re-do that as well?

For what it's worth, the way I navigate here as a member is:

1. I check my "Alerts" drop-down and answer anything that needs answering
    2. I check "What's New" to see what mayhem has developed in my absence
    3. Finally I'll cruise a few different sub-forums to see if anything old seems interesting

Dave76 and Locutus like this.
  12. Locutus

Ditto

13. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Welcome to suggestions :)

Yeah everything else remains the same. I think most people will still operate in the way you do.

It was just another way to view recent threads. It's useful if you've been away more than a few days and want to catch up with a lot of threads.

SifuPhil and Locutus like this.
  14. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

Sounds good to me!