America's worst school shooting.

Discussion in 'News' started by Judah, Dec 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Judah

Judah fights in tights

3. Locutus

Locutus Your fight is futile, my hands are pounding you!

My condolences to all effected.

4. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

Mmm, I thought about posting this, just did'nt know where to start.

I suppose my main reason was not wanting to see the thread degenerate into a debate about death penalty, or gun laws in America, etc, etc....

5. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

People on both the left and the right are pissing me off right now attempting to politicize this horrendous tragedy. Now is the time to mourn. The finger pointing and table pounding can wait for another day.

6. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I couldn't believe this when I saw this. It's so sad. I don't know how anyone could do something like this. I don't know how their families are going to deal with this though I hope they get all the help they need.

7. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

I felt awful all day, I went to a party last night and could not forget it even then....

Undiagnosed mental illness is the real common denominator in all these tragedies. My father is a retired psychiatrist and we were talking about this last night.

Also, we have to get real about defence. The best offence is a good defence......these are the times we live in. It is sad.

I just hope that we learn something from this and keep politics aside because that will nor solve anything and therefore will only bring more deaths.

8. Judah

Judah fights in tights

It just makes me feel sick thinking about it. My heart goes out to the families of the victims. They will be in my prayers.

9. arron butler

arron butler Fist of Fury

R.I.P to all that have died.My heart goes out to their families.

10. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

The sentiments on here are echoed all over the world regarding this tragic incident. Like Kev said I hope the families and those affected by this get the help and support they need. I can't possibly imagine how any of these people are feeling right now.

Our thoughts and prayers are with them.

11. Enkidu

My wife is a clinical social worker who worked, until very recently, as a school social worker. She was often involved in crisis intervention and counseling for kids when tragedies would occur, like when a teacher died, or a student committed suicide, or the like. I cannot even begin to imagine what those who have lost a child or loved one in this tragedy must be going through or how any amount of counseling would help me. If it were my child, I think I would just want to curl up and die myself.

I don't even want to turn on the news to see what the 24-hour news cycle is doing with story and what sort of celebrity they are making out of the mentally deranged 20 year old who did this. I would rather focus on memory of the children, babies really, who had their lives horribly snuffed out before they really even got a chance to begin. I would rather focus on people like Victoria Soto who saved her class of first graders and lost her life. She is a hero, like the Virginia Tech professor was before her who gave his life to protect his students, as was the young man who lost his life in Colorado shielding his girlfriend from a hail of bullets.

The victims are the ones who should be remembered whose names we should know, not the mentally sick people who would ever do such a thing. Yet the news cycle will make this 20 year old psychopath a household name and provide a hero to emulate for other mentally deranged suicidal psychopaths who might otherwise just end their lives alone in a basement somewhere. But the media through sensationalism unwittingly plants the seeds in the heads of other mentally ill people to go out in a blaze of glory and infamy.

Remember Victoria Soto. Remember the 5 other teachers and administrators brutally murdered. But most of all, remember the 20 young lives extinguished in this senseless act of violence. And forget forever the man who did it.

Judah, Dagon Akujin, Dave76 and 4 others like this.
  12. Aaron Hutto

Aaron Hutto Master

Even in light of recent events, I cannot bring myself to be anti gun. If anything, I think that we need to have more gun education and more guns in the hands of responsible people. You can bet that if all of the teachers and and school staff down in CT were carrying, that yesterday's tragedy would have turned out very differently. If any of my lovely readers are saying to themselves, "Well, I don't want my kids around guns.", my answer is simple, "Don't be a pussy." If the staff of that school was armed, those kids would have been safer and if you still feel that way then you are more concerned about perception and pop culture than you are about the safety of your children. That's right, I went there. I said it. I meant it. I'm here to represent it.

13. Enkidu

Seems appropriate in light of Aaron's last post.

14. MA_JD

MA_JD Disciple

RIP. My condolances to all effected. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

15. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

This incident reminds me of something similar that happened in the Uk. The result was all hand guns were banned.

I have to agree with you Enkidu now is not the time for this.

Arron I agree with you also but I don't think now is the time to debate this issue. We all feel shaken by this sad news, and are angry that such a despicable crime has happened to so many people.

I think it might be a better idea for people to pay their respects here and start another thread if they feel strongly enough to post their views on this matter.

Let's keep this about the people who were taken away so tragically and wrongly from their loved ones.

Just my thoughts on this that's all.

16. dmach

dmach Martial Archivest

I am both a teacher and a parent. I am as much terrified as I am sickened by the incident because if it happened at my place of work, or worse at my daughter's school... well I don't know what I would do. Attacking a school, mental illness or not, is cowardice plain and simple.

As for the gun laws... Enkidu is right, save it for another thread. Or better still it has started on FB already, leave it there.

17. Aaron Hutto

Aaron Hutto Master

I stand corrected. I did not mean to ruffle your all's delicate feathers. If one of you kind gentlemen could instruct me in the proper etiquette for mourning, I would greatly appreciate it.

Red Australian likes this.
  18. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

Aaron no one is trying to tell you how you should feel at this moment and we haven't criticised you for your post on here. You are entitled to post your thoughts as are the rest of us.

We all have different ways of dealing with something as distressing and mortifying as this. I feel it's the general census not to turn this sad and devastating tragedy into a debate. I'm sure you will find we all feel like you do, like yourself this has hit everyone very hard. This is hard for us all to come to terms with, but that doesn't even come close to what the families are going through right now.

No offence was ever intended and my apologies if it did.

Aaron Hutto likes this.
  19. Gone

Gone Guest

Obama has been trying numerous times to unsuccessfully pass this "UN Small Arms Ban" treaty. I guess Americans didn't have a big enough incentive to want it to pass, which is why 5 of Americas 12 worst massacres happened under his government. Noone shoots up classes full of infants for shits and giggles or because they are mentally ill. This was all a political coup in an attempt to disarm Americans wholesale.

Aaron Hutto likes this.
  20. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

Just to add a bit of insult to injury ...

Westboro Baptist Church plans on picketing the funerals "to sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment.”

:mad:

21. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

WTF!!!:wtf:
    I hate that shit! Picketing deceased soldiers funerals and such, it's disgusting.
    I hope the police get license to keep them far enough back to not disturb and upset these allready traumatised families.

arron butler and SifuPhil like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.