animals

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by shyquille graves, Aug 7, 2012.

1. shyquille graves

shyquille graves Warrior Monk

what type of animal do you think best represents you ,your personality your martial arts your style of fighting etc
    and why does that animal represent you so well

ill word it like this too
    what is your animal spirit

and this is just for fun purposes this isnt meant to be religious or anything like that just a topic for discussion

Colten Wilson likes this.
  3. Aaron Hutto

Aaron Hutto Master

I couldn't really say a particular animal. I have always categorized martial artists into elements. I for example am very water/wood in my movements. In my experience, I find that those who gravitate toward certain styles tend to lean toward different elements. Back when I was doing kenpo styles, I was taught in a very fire/metal way. I find that most Okinawan stylists tend to be very earth/wood in vibe. Most of my jujitsu instructors are very fire/water. Even though I trained in animal styles, I never really "got it" (I still do teach some animal forms). When I was introduced to the element categories, I started to be able to find my definition.

4. shyquille graves

when u said water and wood those opposite elementys can u go a little more in depth about why those to paticular elements describe you

5. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

A liger. It's pretty much my favorite animal. It's like a lion and tiger mixed...bred for it's skills in magic.

6. Aaron Hutto

Aaron Hutto Master

I am working on my way toward being all water. I have a good flow and motion to my movements (water) but tend to root in strong stances (wood). I am working on getting that water to flow south and to take over my legs. My stances are strong but at times can be too rigid. I believe that comes from my old school Kenpo training (CHA3) that was heavy into deep and strong stance. I find that my striking flows in very water like patterns so I tend to strike at fire points for maximum damage with minimal effort.

7. Aaron Hutto

Aaron Hutto Master

lol, and lack of offspring ... j/k

RJ Clark likes this.
  8. shyquille graves

good stuff rj i laughed with this one

RJ Clark likes this.
  9. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

Eyes closed, we imagined our pain as a ball of white healing light floating around our feet and rising to our knees, our waist, our chest. Our chakras opening. The heart chakra. The head chakra. Chloe talked us into caves where we meet our power animal. Mine was a penguin.

[​IMG]

Judah and RJ Clark like this.
  10. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I'd be a friendly Polar Bear. Hi everyone! :p

waving-polar-bear.jpeg

Eric M. Miller likes this.
  11. Enkidu

I wouldn't mess with you, then. Polar bears are anything but friendly. They are very deadly. I know this from several friends who live in Alaska. And they are master trackers. Apparently, they will lay false tracks and double back.

Kevin likes this.
  12. D. WOODS

D. WOODS Shaolin Toad

Komodo dragon would represent me and my spirit. I am reclusive and like to be left alone. And as for my style If I hit or grab you I am trying to destroy you.

shyquille graves likes this.
  13. Enkidu

Because your bite is filled with deadly bacteria?

14. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I now have this vision of a polar bear tip toeing backwards in the snow :D

SifuPhil likes this.
  15. shyquille graves

really why a penguin

16. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

On a serious note, the mantis seems to be my totem. The patience then total violence of action reflects my personal "style". Also, perhaps because I'm a treeguy, I see them more often than anyone I know.

Colten Wilson likes this.
  17. D. WOODS

D. WOODS Shaolin Toad

Something like that, more like venom or dirty chi lol. I appreciate their simpleness they know they are apex predators and act like it.

18. Eric M. Miller

Eric M. Miller Samurai

im a puppy :D

19. shyquille graves

a puppy lol why a puppy

20. Eric M. Miller

Eric M. Miller Samurai

cause im just awesome like that. dont be jealous brah.

21. Enkidu

Kids these days... don't even know their movie lines...

It is from "Fight Club"