Any Ninja Warrior Fans Here?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kevin, Jul 1, 2012.

1. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

My friend got me into watching Ninja Warrior a few years ago (known as Sasuke in Japan). It's one of the toughest assault courses ever made. Olympic gymnasts have entered and failed at the first hurdle, which shows how tough it is.

One of the best competitors was Makoto Nagano, a fisherman who used to train for events on his boat. He is one of the few people in the world to get a 'Total Victory'. This means he completed the whole course. A guy called Yuuji Urushihara is the only person to win twice.

It may sound like a silly game show but it's not the case. All the competitors take it as seriously as people who enter the UFC. It's a great show to sit and watch with a few beers :)

Kevin

Deborah, Semper Gumby, dmach and 2 others like this.
  3. arron butler

arron butler Fist of Fury

Yeah Kev. I watched it the other day.That makoto had to be very fit to finish that course in that amount of time.I would be to old now for that now.But i feel young enough to have a go.looool;)

Deborah and Kevin like this.
  4. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Even at my fittest I reckon I would have lasted seconds rather than minutes. You need so much strength to do what these guys did. I would struggle.

5. John rushton

John rushton Disciple

always loved ninja warrior, some of the fittest guys and girls you could ever see on that show and they all do it for the challenge rather than a load of money or fame (or at least they used to-might be a little to big for that now)

Deborah likes this.
  6. MadoreGojuRyu

MadoreGojuRyu Master

I DVR it and never miss an episode

7. Mij

Mij Initiate

Love the show used to watch it at 5 till 6 every weekday not on as much anymore. There's only ever been the 3 winners for the male tournaments Kazuhiko Akiyama, Makoto Nagano and Yuuji Urushihara. For females of ninja warrior (kunoichi) i can't remember how many have beat the course but i know it's been done a couple times.

8. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

ah man, I loooove it too myScottish warrior....peace, luv n respects XXxxXX

9. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I thought there was more than 3 but I just checked Wikipedia and you're 100% right. My friend has seen most of the episodes so knows most of the stars. It's quite impressive to even finish one round. Wish there were more shows like this on TV than the reality TV crap that's shoved down everyone's throat.

10. Mij

Mij Initiate

yeah i think i've seen them all too lol and the only show like it that i can think of is that american ninja challenge thing same type of thing obstacle course tv show but in my opinion it's nowhere near as difficult as the original.

Deborah likes this.