Anyone else here into BBQ'ing?

Discussion in 'Healthy Eating & Nutrition' started by Enkidu, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

I love BBQ'ing.

This morning, I put on 2 Boston Butts (about 15 lbs. total) with a Memphis-style rub (white sugar, brown sugar, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, ginger powder, rosemary). The wife and I are going to be having a lot of pulled pork sandwiches for a while!

Last weekend, for Father's Day, I BBQ'ed a whole packer brisket (about 15 lbs.). I even made "burnt ends" for the first time (which were amazing... now I know what all the rage is about). A couple weeks before that I Q'd a 7 lb. brisket (just the flat) that was cut-with-a-fork tender.

I also have a bunch of St. Louis ribs sitting in my refrigerator for next weekend. Haven't decided what sort of rub/mop/sauce I am going to do for those yet, but since I tend to like Carolina-style rubs, it will probably be either a vinegar-based or mustard-based sauce.

I also BBQ whole chickens all the time. Pretty much every week. I used to do a lot of beer-can chicken, but now I mostly spatchcock them.

Anyone else into Q'ing here?

3. Aaron

Aaron Shadow Warrior

Damn... just woke up checked my email and the forums, now I'm craving BBQ... Time to go to the store and pick up some meat, and get the propane tank filled;)

Mario Paul, Blade Maker and Deborah like this.
  4. Enkidu

Propane???

Thems fighting words!!

Blade Maker and Deborah like this.
  5. Rockne Helms

Rockne Helms Disciple

Too early for me when I saw this. My first thought was "what the hell is Black Belt Q'ing" I suck at grilling, though I try all the time. I've got some baby backs in the freezer and the only reason I haven't fired them up is I'm just not sure how to prepare them so that they eventually taste like heaven and fall off the bone.

Blade Maker and Deborah like this.
  6. Aaron

Aaron Shadow Warrior

I know, I know...

The condo I live in doesn't allow me to build the BBQ I want, stupid bylaws, that and making a fire pit on a suspended deck is a fire hazardo_O ... When I buy a house it's going to be bricked in wood buring BBQ... but until then this will have to do.

Enkidu, Blade Maker and Deborah like this.
  7. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Aaaaaargh are you trying to annoy me Endiku?????? I loooooove BBQing, eating it anyhoo.....have you got room for a wee one? I am sooooo hungry for chicken and ribs now!! love, peace and hungry respects XXxxXX

Mario Paul, Enkidu and Blade Maker like this.
  8. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Hahahahaaaa you can be very funny at times Endiku, I really am warming to you my fellow warrior....respects XXxxXX

Mario Paul, Enkidu and Blade Maker like this.
  9. Blade Maker

Blade Maker Master

Time to go smoke a turkey and some pork ribs....

10. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm;)

Mario Paul likes this.
  11. shotogaz

shotogaz Disciple

man you got me going now, i live in the uk, we only 2 days of sunshine a year but when we do its all systems go! dont use gas though, only charcoal, gives a better flavour in my opinion????

Mario Paul, Deborah and Blade Maker like this.
  12. Blade Maker

Blade Maker Master

I agree, but I'll use what ever i can get...

Deborah likes this.
  13. Enkidu

A little look at my pork butts a few minutes ago....

[​IMG]

14. Blade Maker

Blade Maker Master

how long you cooking em for?

15. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

I live in the UK too my friend, Scotland and we have even less sun, but yes I think charcoal maes it taste better, respects Gaz xxXXxx

shotogaz likes this.
  16. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

OMG Endiku, when I first saw the srart of ths post I thought you were gonna show us your butt:eek:!! Hahahaaa.....may I say that will do me fine, but where is yours?? respects my martial friend xXx

17. Enkidu

Started Q'ing at 7 a.m. It is now 1 p.m. They should be done around 5 p.m., plus or minus.

Deborah likes this.
  18. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Can I come?? xXx

19. Enkidu

When I get done holding my baby son, I'll give you the low down on how to BBQ those baby backs!

Of course you can, Deb!

:)

Deborah likes this.
  20. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Aaaaw, shucks thanx.....I'm on my way!!!!:DxxXXxx

21. Blade Maker

Blade Maker Master

WooHoo! I just found venison, whole loin, I know what i am smokin' today...

Aaron, Enkidu and Deborah like this.