Anyone else here into BBQ'ing?

Discussion in 'Healthy Eating & Nutrition' started by Enkidu, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

True BBQ takes time. The process cannot be rushed. Low and slow makes the meat tender by melting the connective tissue. You typically need to keep the temperature between 225-275. Gas grills have a hard time getting that low. Plus you can get a true smoke flavor with charcoal. Charcoal grills also can get hotter than gas which makes them better for steaks and the like where you want a good sear. That said, gas grills are convenient and much quicker to get up to temperature than charcoal which can take 20-30 minutes.

Mr.Bond and MattCMMA like this.
  2. khan farzal

khan farzal Initiate

need an advice for making oats tasty .... not much of a BBQ .... just tasty enough to gulp it in ... !!!
    i cant even eat more than 2 teaspoonful of white oats :banghead: :banghead:
    some quick recepies please .... :whistle:

3. Fin Smith

Fin Smith Disciple

God, where do you get ribs like that?? They're worthy of Man v Food!! Here in the UK, there's barely any meat on "Spare Ribs" and for what you pay, the actual amount of meat on them is probably more expensive than T-Bone, pound for pound.

4. Void_Karateka

Void_Karateka Pauper Karateka

I've just hit a cutting stage in my training and I happen upon this!? Yegods you tempt me man!

Seriously though I wish I could afford those kinds of meats. The UK is one of the worst places in the world for food, especially meat, it's too bloody expensive!

5. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

6. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

Awesome Q'n knowledge here. Thanks for the info, any more resources you may have Enkidu, I would be definitely interested in checking out. I've been Q'n for about a year or so, just got into it really.

7. damon

damon Initiate

i have fire going for the 4