Anyone from Australia know these guys...ICS?

Discussion in 'Close Quarters Combat' started by Mr.Bond, Jan 3, 2013.

1. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

2. Mark Goss

Mark Goss Initiate

nope..... but looks like kenpo combined with krav maga combined with a lot of the stuff offered by "Close Combat Training" (US system .... have worked my way throught the whole of that course - DVD based and has a lot of useful stuff and a bit of wishful thinking stuff) - this looks pretty good from the clips he has on the website and elsewhere - would be nice to see "in the flesh".

3. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Mark, I have Capt. Chris's course also. I almost trained with him at Technontactical.com, but I was out of town then.

Agree of your breakdown of the system, I have gotten more and more into these kind of martial arts after taking the traditional ones for years. I posted another link a few weeks ago seemed interesting. If I find it, I will post it but it may be in the KMaga thread. Hey, I am 51 also, but feel and look younger than most 51 yr olds I know, and I attribute it to MA training.

http://www.attackproof.com/home.html Here it is.

4. Mark Goss

Mark Goss Initiate

Mr Bond, thanks for the link ... it looks very simialr to CCT but a little more applied - I agree these type of systems are very worthwhile to add to training (necessary really).
    ..... and yes I agree MA training helps to keep u young ...... allow me to delude myself now for a moment - as u can see from my photo I look more like 35 than 51!!! (I shall go now and prepare myself for the subsequent barrage of comments LOL)

5. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Mark, I am with you buddy! Honestly, I think keeping our hair and not being fat works wonders.

6. Mark Goss

Mark Goss Initiate

ah yes .... and so began the mutual martial art admiration club a lon long time ago in a place far far away.....

Locutus likes this.
  7. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

interesting videos, seems like a hybrid of different systems, Krav is definately in there but also has similar elements to teukong Musool and systema, Instructor also seems very knowledgeable with relation to pivot points and body position

8. Gone

Gone Guest

Never heard of them. It wouldn't really matter if I did, anyway. I still have to perfect the basics and as thus, have no use for advanced techniques and strategies.

9. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Check them out Red, they seem pretty good....

10. Gone

Gone Guest

Alright, I will. I do however know of one particularly ultra-aggressive group. It may be the same people. Not sure. Check out the aggression in this.

Very savage. A good fighting system. Australian, too. I hear people come from all over the world to be taught by him and his crew.

Who would not want to be tutored by that guy?

11. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

Who would not want to be tutored by that guy? - Me, sorry.

Oh man.
    Agressive? Mmmm, I can't really say as I was to busy pissing myself laughing, especially after he picked up the guy and ran him into a tree:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Sorry Red, but that vid made me laugh more than anything.

12. Locutus

Locutus Your fight is futile, my hands are pounding you!

They were doing the same thing that people accuse Aikido of doing. Standing there ready to have the techniques done to them. Plus, they spelt shield wrong :)

13. Gone

Gone Guest

Looked pretty impressive to me lolololol, shows you how much of a white belt I still am.

14. Void_Karateka

Void_Karateka Pauper Karateka

I can appreciate that when recording for film you'll have a lot of tightly choreographed opponent cooperation. I dunno whether I'm just a bit jaded from seeing a lot of these sorts of films but a lot of that just felt too rehearsed and neat for a supposedly effective system.

Still I'm not gonna bash it. The guy looks in good shape and is obviously confident and comfortable with what he's doing. I'd like to see if this came to England, I'd like to take a crack at it.