Asking A Favor ...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SifuPhil, Jan 25, 2013.

1. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

I've always been a monk, a one-man band, a loner, a lone-wolf, an outcast, whatever you want to call it.

roller-coaster-monks.jpg
    Wheeeeeeeee!

But now I find I have the need to ask others for help. And it's very humbling. So maybe this is just another one of those life lessons I seem to have to keep re-learning.

I'm in a competition on another website to win a freelance writing contract worth $5,000 for about 20 hours worth of work. So far I seem to be in the upper bracket, but the winner will mainly be determined by popular vote.

Now I'm not a social-media wiz - I don't have millions of friends on Facebook, I don't Twitter (although sometimes I Squeak) and I'm not your typical well-connected 'Net bunny.

155226_v3.jpg
    A typical Net bunny

So I'm going to ask all of you, if you have a few spare minutes over the next week, until Friday February 1st, to vote for me in this competition. You can vote once a day but anything you can do would be greatly appreciated.

The site is called WerkJerks.com (I know - that part of the story is coming up) and the link for the voting page is

You have to register to vote on the site, top right corner (takes a minute, mainly painless, no money involved, no spamming) then you can scroll down the Voting page to #93 ("Philip") and cast your ballot.

Oh, and you also have a chance of winning $500 for yourself, just for voting!

KA-CHING !!!

flavor-flav.jpg
    Not "bling" ... "Ka-Ching"!

My name on the site, "Mr. Philstivus", is another of my AKAs for my comedy-writing work - in fact, my main website is Philstivus.com - so don't be concerned that some weirdo named Philstivus killed off good ol' SifuPhil and is stealing his votes. Although that would probably make a great property for Quentin Tarentino ...

The whole point of the contest is to elect a new CVO - a Chief Venting Officer. It's kind of a cheerleader with hairy legs (in my case, anyway) that evangelizes the website by creating funny videos, insane articles and generally being a massive Jerk about Werk-related topics, at which I am a past-Master. Because of course, the entire site is for ranting about your work.

I'm sure most of you can relate.

So there it is - I'm on my aging knees, head bowed, waiting for your decision: do you take my head (hey, that's better than me giving it!) or do you have the time and desire to help out a down-on-his-luck Tug Toner?

Anything you can do I'd greatly appreciate, and I'll think of you all when I'm in San Tropez.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
    Ivor Godley likes this.
  3. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

Consider it done Phil (y)

SifuPhil likes this.
  4. SifuPhil

Most excellent - thank you, sir! I swear I can smell the Ban de Soleil already! :sneaky:

5. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

Vote has been cast. I did like the question when signing up. They might not like my reply though or they might.
    There is never any shame in asking for others to help sir. Always a pleasure, I accept cheques, bankers drafts or we can use paypal please let me know ........:D:sneaky:

SifuPhil likes this.
  6. TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger Taoist Immortal

Heading over there now Phil. If for no other reason than you put a picture of Bucky O'Hare in your post.

I'd forgotten all about Bucky...

SifuPhil likes this.
  7. SifuPhil

I think they have a pretty good sense of humor - hell, they're considering having ME write for them so they'd better!

I'm glad you feel that way because I ...

... wait, what? Hey! They didn't tell about THIS part! :cry:

Ah, thank you, Brother!

Bucky is cool beans! Death to the Toad Empire! (y)

TheWhiteTiger and Charlay Atkins like this.
  8. BHRobin

BHRobin Disciple

I've tried but it still hasn't sent me a confirmation e-mail. The site's rigged against you Phil! It's not HAL 9000, but it's up to GXH 36!

SifuPhil likes this.
  9. SifuPhil

I was hoping it would be friendly and cute, like AlphaDog ...

Locutus, dmach and BHRobin like this.
  10. Void_Karateka

Void_Karateka Pauper Karateka

Done and dusted matey, good luck! (y)

SifuPhil likes this.
  11. arron butler

arron butler Fist of Fury

With you all the way Mr Philstivus. Save me a hotel room in St Tropez.lol

SifuPhil likes this.
  12. Ivor Godley

Ivor Godley grasshopper

done Mr. Philstivus!!

SifuPhil likes this.
  13. arron butler

arron butler Fist of Fury

Just voted for you Phil. Under Whites dragon, which is my name now on that site.

SifuPhil likes this.
  14. SifuPhil

WOW! Thank you all!

You guys probably blew out their servers with that concentrated attack. :sneaky:

I hope y'all take the time while you're there to look at some of the rants - some great stories there. And I just thought last night it would be a great place to tell your war stories about McDojos. :jimlad:

15. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

Done. Was a bit odd though. Clicked on the link and for some reason the video stayed on top of the vote registration page???
    Didn't matter though, I took a stab at it and appear to have guessed correct what they were after.

SifuPhil likes this.
  16. I will vote.....because yu showed me the ass I have wanted my whole life....god damn!

Ivor Godley likes this.
  17. SifuPhil

Thanks, Dave. They did have some problems with their coding before but they had fixed it the other day - I guess the gremlins got in there.

[​IMG]
    Isn't that amazing?!? I would literally do ANYTHING to have that.

... I mean, to have access to that, to tap that, not to actually HAVE an ... oh, YOU know what I mean! :rolleyes:

*back in monk mode*

Thanks for the vote! (y)

18. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Added a link to the BlackBeltForums Facebook page too. Every little helps :)

I'll try and comment on the Facebook post a few times to encourage more people to do it.

SifuPhil likes this.
  19. SifuPhil

Excellent! Thank you, sir!

20. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

The first line of this thread makes me think of this:

SifuPhil likes this.
  21. SifuPhil

LMAO! So much for "blood brothers"!:D