Asking A Favor ...

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by SifuPhil, Jan 25, 2013.

1. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

Well, the voting is over and now we wait.

The Voter's Award of $500USD will be announced on Feb 15th - I'll be sure to post the results here.

For us potential CVOs, we have phone interviews from Feb 5th-20th, and announcement of the winner will be March 1st, so I'll be posting the results here as well.

Now I have to get busy "persuading" the judges.

... where's that anthrax? :whistle:

2. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

SifuPhil likes this.
  3. SifuPhil

Wow - good thing I didn't mention about bikini-killing them ... :D

Kevin, Locutus and Dave76 like this.
  4. SifuPhil

Well, I'm one of three finalists for the Chief Venting Officer position. That's the good news. The BAD news is that they STILL haven't announced the winner of the $500 voting award - I've been informed that it should be tomorrow. We'll see ... they've been running quite a bit behind schedule.

Locutus likes this.
  5. SifuPhil

Well, I found out today that I was NOT selected as the new CVO. Still no word on the voting award, either.

I DO thank all of you for your help, though - very much appreciated! (y)

6. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

Bummer. Do you know if it was close?
    How long till the next election?

7. SifuPhil

Well, it came down to three finalists - me, another older ugly guy, and a good-looking young girl.

... given that, I guess the results weren't very surprising. I mean, what do you want to represent your company - a hot young thing or a decrepit old man?

Don't know if it was close or not, but it turns out they're sending me a "consolation prize" of a few bucks so I suppose it wasn't a total waste of time. They said they appreciated my efforts and sense of humor, but I think they really expect to use the stipend to seek professional help.

Don't know if - or when - they're going to do this again. It may have been just a promotional thing - in fact, given that it was run by a promotions company FOR the website I suspect that that is exactly what it was.

What REALLY bothers me is that they STILL haven't announced the winner of the voting prize. That really concerns me, unless they contacted someone privately. They claim that they HAD selected someone and that someone had turned down the prize.

... I don't know many people that would turn down $500, unless it was a case of them calling the winner and the winner thinking it was a scam, forgetting that they had entered the contest.

Meh ... onward and upward. The Ferrari, the waterfront mansion and the sexy young things will just have to wait a little longer ...

Dave76 likes this.