Attitude adjustment!

Discussion in 'The Instructors Room' started by Bruce, Mar 10, 2018.

1. Bruce

Bruce Samurai

Well it's been awhile since I've posted on here, and for those that remember me I'm not one to slag people off, but today is an exception - could be because I'm knackered and don't have time for bullshit.

For those that don't know me, I'm an ex- Wing Tsun Instructor who has dabbled in JKD, Muay Thai, Silat and Ju Jitsu (not BJJ - yet), now a new student of Krav Maga.

So had training this morning and for those thst don't know KM it is very high intensity training and today was no exception, leg work, combat drills, ground defence, multiple opponents, all outdoors which for some reason makes it harder so by the end of training I could feel the burn in my legs.

Get home, have to go do my part-time job of delivering advert flyers, up and down hills, with these bloody heavy flyers. Now this is where the issue arises, I'm walking past my kids school where they have had a fund raising day and I'm thinking about today's class and looking forward to the next one and in front of me walking back to his car is one of the local karate instructors, in his gi, with his black belt on carring a focus shield and a small kit bag, wearing wooden Japanese sandals clip clopping down the road.

Now this guy is/looks late forties early fifties and way overweight. I've seen his demo's before, he stands around talking while his childrens class does the demo. So he's walking down the street and he gets to his car, a big sigh and out loud he says "I'm getting too old for this". Seriously!! It took all of my will power just to walk away. Now I'm 55 going on 56 and the vast majority of my class mates are half my age or less, am i too old for this hell no! Attitude, have the right attitude or walk away.