Bag gloves?

Discussion in 'Training Gear' started by Rig, Jun 23, 2012.

1. Rig

Rig Initiate

Can anyone in the UK recommend a good quality pair of bag gloves?

My current set are now so old and falling apart that I think it's timer they were replaced.

Deborah likes this.
  3. shyquille graves

shyquille graves Warrior Monk

4. Rig

Rig Initiate

shyquille graves, thanks for your reply, I've just been to a local out of town shopping mall and found a great looking set of Everlast gloves at a reasonable price.

5. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Hiya Rig may I suggest getting the UFC official bag gloves they are pretty sturdy and really well-made....peace and respects my new martial friend XXxxXX

6. WonderingFist

WonderingFist Disciple of Mind

...Forgive my ignorance, but what are bag gloves?
    Are they simply gloves you where whilst striking?

7. Rig

Rig Initiate

Yes, they a just gloves you wear when punching a heavy bag, the idea to condition your hands, we use impact pads for that, but I use a heavy bag for cv workouts.

Deborah likes this.
  8. Void_Karateka

Void_Karateka Pauper Karateka

I think any standard pair of mma gloves are good for work on the bag. I personally order most of my gear from qulaitymartialarts. They're cheap and reliable. So far it's taken me 3 years of hard use to wreck the pair of gloves I bought fro around £30. Also maybe it would be worth just getting some handwraps and learning how to effectively wrap your hands? I think ou'd get better wrist support for long cv sessions from something like that, plus I think a pair of wraps only cost around £4 these days.

9. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

10. Ivor Godley

Ivor Godley grasshopper

i either use hand wraps or more often than not i dont bother with anything, it wrecks your knuckles initially but after a while the skin toughens up and you just get a bit of bruising.

11. Mitchy

Mitchy Initiate

I stopped using bag gloves for heavy bag workouts. When I go multiple rounds a day my knuckles get soared I I feel pin in my wrist. I saw people on reddit's amateur boxing subredd were recommending using 16 Oz gloves for heavy bag training. I got myself the Top Ten 16 Oz boxing gloves model Superfight and noticed a big change. The heavier gloves give a lot more protection. The bigger padding in front of the knuckles is like a pillow. No more soared hands. The bigger target area forgives smaller mistakes. Together with better wrist support my joints feel a lot better. Additionally I get a much better workout with 16 Oz gloves. It was hard for the first 3 sessions, but once I got used to it, I started feeling a lot stronger in my shoulders, neck and arms.

[​IMG]
    Done with the workout. I always use wraps inside the 16 Oz. gloves.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018