Blast from the past

Discussion in 'Martial Arts Films & Videos' started by Bruce, Jul 26, 2012.

  1. Bruce

    Bruce Samurai

  2.  
  3. Ian White

    Ian White Samurai

    Memories memories.
     
    Deborah likes this.
  4. perennius

    perennius Disciple

    this is the movie along with " kung fu" that got me deep into studying martial arts after finishing high school
    [​IMG]
     
    Deborah and Bruce like this.
  5. Fin Smith

    Fin Smith Disciple

    Ed Speilman, who created/wrote Kung Fu, also wrote a fascinating book on "The Mighty Atom" Joe Greenstein, possibly the last/greatest Strongman. At 5' 4" and 140lb, Greenstein could break nails and coins with his teeth; bend/break iron bars with his chest; and hold back airplanes with a rope tied to his hair! Fascinating man who was/is still years ahead in his belief of the power of his mind over the physical restrictions of his body's abilities.
     
    Deborah likes this.
  6. DharkAwakening

    DharkAwakening Grasshoppa

    When "Kung Fu - The Legend Continues" came out I was 'FINALLY' happy that the damn series had some Fighting in it! BUT. The Original Series, in terms of story & lesson, was Absolutely Fantastic. If the series had been released as a series of written texts I'd've bought them by the Truckloads. People only pay attention to the outwardly obvious 10% of punching & kicking when they 'see' Kung Fu & tend to forget the other 90% behind it, of philosophy, psychology, anatomy, physics, spirituality, etc.
     
    Deborah and Bruce like this.
  7. Deborah

    Deborah Ninja

    BUT........I have gotta say would have been a hell of a lot better with Bruce Lee in the role!!
    602412_10150911860036962_1308708901_n.jpg Peace, love and respects Bruce and all XXXxxXXXxxXXX
     
    shyquille graves and Bruce like this.
  8. Bruce

    Bruce Samurai

    you got that right!, thats why he left the states
     
    Deborah likes this.
  9. Deborah

    Deborah Ninja

    Oooooft I luv ya man!!;)
     
  10. Fin Smith

    Fin Smith Disciple

    Didn't he (Bruce) say somewhere that he pitched the idea to the studios, but was rejected/forgotten? Would have been different, but worked well with David Carradine showing the softer more spiritual/philosophical side.
     
  11. Bruce

    Bruce Samurai

    BL was rejected for the part because at that time the studios did not believe that the viewing public would accept an asian in a lead role. But after his success in the movies more roles for asians opened up in the television & movies industry beyond the stereotype, so his impact goes far beyond the MA.
     
    Fin Smith likes this.
  12. Sensei Martin

    Sensei Martin Warrior Monk

    I actually remember crossing the street at Yonge and Dundas years ago (Kung Fu: The Legend Continues was filmed in China Town in Toronto) and seeing David Carradine also walking my way. I recognized him right away, and we exchanged smiles, and it was strange as he seemed to have the same, calm & quiet presense as he protrayed on TV.

    My Sensei / Sifu had told me that David Carradine never did actually receive any formal training in martial arts what so ever.

    Funny how Hollywood works, eh?



    Kung Fu: The Legend Continues
     

Share This Page