Bodybuilding and martial arts

Discussion in 'Articles' started by Judah, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Judah

Judah fights in tights

While I'm here....

"GOONERS!!!!!!"

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1357819993.794929.jpg

Dave76 and dmach like this.
  2. Gone

Gone Guest

Because it's ou rules. And soccer is weak.

Locutus likes this.
  3. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

Hahaha, that's really quite good. How many hrs of my life have been spent doing just that....
    But then, I do the same watching X-Games, Wimbelton, or Olympics or UFC, etc, etc.

Aussie Rules is the official name of our game and soccar has been given back it's rightful name of Football.
    Aussie Rules is a hybrid of Football, Gaelic Football and Rugby. For years now we've played Ireland in an international rules game, which is closer to Gaelic Football, given the use of a round ball.

As to the how's and why's of a thread going this way or that, you've been here long enough to know:LOL:

Anyway.....you brought up leg extensions:p

Locutus likes this.
  4. Judah

Judah fights in tights

Because they suck hairy monkey balls!

5. Judah

Judah fights in tights

It's football not fukin soccer!!

At least you spelled soccer correctly... ;)

Red Australian likes this.
  6. Dave76

Do I want to know how you know what that's like?o_O

7. Gone

Gone Guest

I'm not sure if you are Australian or not but that game that the man was frustrated over was the 2010 season Grand Final between Collingwood "Magpies" and the Saint Kilda "Saints".

The reason why it is so significant is because the last time these two teams faced off in a Grand Final was like, 40 years ago. And this is where Saint Kilda beat Collingwood by a single point. Draws almost never happen, but to have one happen on a Grand Final is really something. That game forced a change in rules, too.

People cried over the result of the game, ya know. It was emotional for everyone (even for people who follow neither of those two teams). I swear, my mates living room that day, it was like watching a bunch of excessively drunk, rabid baboons fighting to the death over the last banana.

I will try not to high-jack the thread any further, but damn.. You can tell how tense it was in the last quater of the game (for those who are interested in watching). Honestly, from the beginning it looked as if Collingwood had this, and if I remember correctly, Saint Kilda came back strong in the 3rd quater. It kind of grinded down to an evenly-paced halt after that. Check it out.

8. Dave76

Born in WA, raised in Vic when it was stil VFL, hence why I'm a Bombers fan, thou I'm back in WA now and I watched and remember that game well.

Red Australian likes this.
  9. Dave76

To try and bring this back somewhat to the original thread and to perhaps help our friends north of the equator,
    if you can appreciate nothing else, watch the players in midfield and on the wings of the ground.
    In an average AFL game these guys can run 20km plus, sprints really, jumps, tackles, wrestling and still find time to jump in on a scruffle if it starts.
    And like most NFL or Rugby players they spend a great deal of time in the gym.
    They are unquestionably some of the fittest, lb for lb strongest , athletes on the planet.

(Yes Enkidu, I know powerlifters and gymnasts top that list!)

Red and Locutus like this.
  10. Kendoka...Katna...

11. Dave76

Really! Wow....thanks for that.

12. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

A post from the mysterious BSC. Shit's about to get REAL.

13. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

shit-just-got-real.jpg

Locutus and RJ Clark like this.
  14. Broke three high carbon steel,will not sacrifice folded Japanese steel.....Kendoka.

15. The Little Lion

The Little Lion Hard Wing Chun - The Music Of Bones

nice topic, theres allot of MA students who don't really want to do the work and these guys are like i'll just get my technique ,timing, speed and accuracy down in class which is respectable but they completely neglect working out which is sad because if you love the Martial Art you study it's nice to have that feeling of developing yourself to do it better.

16. Borgia

Borgia Initiate

7 years ago I got my black belt in taekwondo, and have quit since then (I was 14 at the time, I'm 20 now). For under a year I've been working out, but lately I've been thinking about going back to taekwondo to get my second stripe while I continue lifting. Basically I want to get big (bodybuilding) AND also have the ability to kick ass (martial arts).

Currently my bodybuilding workouts are every 2 days (4 days a week, and I train full body), so is it possible to do martial arts training on the days that I am not working out, or would I be over-training?

Thanks!

17. Judah

Judah fights in tights

Yes that's possible. You'll have to increase your food intake so as not to risk burning muscle during your tkd workout. You'll know if you're overtraining if you start experiencing symptoms such as not being able to complete your normal workout, excessive aching on your muscles and joints, lethargy, and loss of motivation. There are other symptoms of overtraining. The most important thing is to listen to your body, make sure you're eating enough quality food and getting plenty of sleep.

18. Judah

Judah fights in tights

Alter, du erzielst echt so viel schei├če

19. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

From your brief description of your workouts it appears you're circuit training, or at least you should make it a circuit to save time. Thats a fairly safe training method to utilize between martial arts sessions as no given body part will be too banged out from lifting. But your body will quickly adapt to any load/task so you'll need to shake up your workouts sooner than you think. Judah has given you great feedback already on other issues. Just listen to your body. Most of the time there will be plenty if warning before you "suddenly" get an injury in training.
    I'm also a wee bit curious as to the timeline for your promotion to black belt as a fourteen year old. You may want to train in a different art or combat sport to get a better read on your kick ass level as it relates to other martial artists and fighters. (y)

Judah likes this.
  20. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

From your brief description of your workouts it appears you're circuit training, or at least you should make it a circuit to save time. Thats a fairly safe training method to utilize between martial arts sessions as no given body part will be too banged out from lifting. But your body will quickly adapt to any load/task so you'll need to shake up your workouts sooner than you think. Judah has given you great feedback already on other issues. Just listen to your body. Most of the time there will be plenty if warning before you "suddenly" get an injury in training.
    I'm also a wee bit curious as to the timeline for your promotion to black belt as a fourteen year old. You may want to train in a different art or combat sport to get a better read on your kick ass level as it relates to other martial artists and fighters. (y)