bookmark

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Ryannmnzo, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Ryannmnzo

Ryannmnzo "Harmony Energy Way"

as i observed..sometimes i can't finish reading interesting threads or comments because of other important things suddenly coming up that i have to close the laptop and open it later when i have the time(maybe in the next few days)..and sometimes i forget what that interesting thread was..so I would like to suggest a bookmark button where we can mark or save threads in our profile so we can view them next time we log in.. :)

Dave76 likes this.
  3. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

I think you can use the "Watched Threads" button on the home tool bar...
    does it help you?

Kevin likes this.
  4. Asriel

Asriel Disciple

You could always post in it saying something like subscribing out of interest perhaps?

5. Ryannmnzo

nope..only applies when there are unread pages in the thread..but what if you didn't finish reading the first page and the thread only has 1 page?

6. Ryannmnzo

yeah that could work..but it would be much easier to be able to mark the thread..

Eric M. Miller likes this.
  7. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

Mmm, I know what you mean. I was watching a doco posted by Enkidu and at over 2hrs long I had to go away and come back a couple of times. Each time I had to track down the thread again. A folder for bookmarking threads I'm planning on coming back to would be good.

Ryannmnzo likes this.
  8. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

you can always bookmark on your web browser..

9. Ryannmnzo

not if i'm opening the thread in internet cafes..I can't just use 1 unit all the time :)

10. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I think the watch thread feature is what you are looking for. :D

I'll use this thread to illustrate how it works.

At the top of each thread is an option for you to 'Watch Thread'. This tool allows you to bookmark a thread.

watch-thread-1.png

Once you click on the 'Watch Thread' link, you will have the option of watching the thread with or without email updates. I tend to do email updates for really important threads where I don't want to miss any post on the thread and watch threads without email updates for other threads I just don't want to forget about.

watch-thread-2.png

Once you have watched the thread, the 'Watch Thread' link at the top of the thread you watched will change to 'Unwatch Thread'. This link allows you to quickly unwatch the thread. I use this if I'm following a thread where I need an answer but once I have the answer, there's no reason for me to follow it anymore.

watch-thread-3.png

You can see a list of all your watched threads at https://www.blackbeltforums.com/watched/threads/. You can find it via the profile link menu too, which is at the right hand side of the main menu.

watch-thread-4.png

If you have just watched a thread, the watched thread page will not show it by default. It only shows updates from threads you are watching and haven't read.

Underneath you will see a link which says 'Show all watched threads'. This takes you to a page which shows you all threads you are watching.

watch-thread-5.png

The 'All Watched Threads' page can be found directly https://www.blackbeltforums.com/watched/threads/all. You could bookmark this page in your regular computer so that you don't have to always click on the show threads link.

watch-thread-6.png

There is a drop down menu at the top of the 'Watched Threads' pages (unread and all). This menu only appears if you are watching threads. Using this tool you can select multiple threads you had been watching and enable or disable email notifications. You can stop watching threads using this tool as well.

watch-thread-7.png

By default you will receive an alert through the alerts system whenever someone replies to a watched thread. You can can change this in the 'Alert Preferences' page if you don't want any alerts via the alert system. This can be found via the profile menu (like before) or directly at https://www.blackbeltforums.com/account/alert-preferences.

watch-thread-8.png

I think you can use this as a bookmark manager in the way you want though let me know if you are unsure of anything.:D

Judah and Ryannmnzo like this.
  11. MadoreGojuRyu

MadoreGojuRyu Master

Ummmm, Kevin. I didnt quite get it....could you repeat it and type slower?

Dave76 and Kevin like this.
  12. Ryannmnzo

hey there it is..thanks kevin (y)

13. Ryannmnzo

threads where i posted a comment/comments also register as watched threads

14. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

No. You need to specifically watch a thread for it to appear in the 'Watched Threads' area.

15. Ryannmnzo

wha?..then why are all the threads where i commented on appear on the watched threads list?,.nvm..it doesn't matter anyways:smug:

16. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

It shouldn't be doing that. If you are happy with me changing your password temporarily I can login and check everything for you. The system shouldn't show any threads in the watched threads area that you haven't specifically subscribed to.

17. Ryannmnzo

ok sure..you don't need my facebook account do you?..cause i log.in to bbf using facebook..and thanks in advance for checking everything :)

18. Judah

Judah fights in tights

So simple even my mother could follow :)

Kevin and Ryannmnzo like this.
  19. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Thanks Ryan. I found out what the problem is. In Browsing Preferences it is set for you to automatically watch any threads you create or reply to. This settings page can be found via the profile menu link at the top right hand of the page or by visiting https://www.blackbeltforums.com/account/preferences

I don't believe these are set by default. Can another member verify this by checking if they automatically watch threads they comment on by checking their preferences at https://www.blackbeltforums.com/account/preferences.

watch-thread-9.png

Ryannmnzo likes this.
  20. Judah

Judah fights in tights

I automatically subscribe to threads I create or comment on. I did t set this I don't think. I believe it was the default setting..

21. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Thanks Judah. I'm having difficulty finding the settings section for that in the admin area. It's not on the page where most other settings are. Will sign up as a new user just to confirm that all new users are given those permissions.