Boxing Is Corrupt From Top To Bottom

Discussion in 'Boxing' started by Kevin, Jun 12, 2012.

1. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Did anyone see the Pacman/Bradley fight at the weekend? It was an absolute joke. There have been some dubious decisions over the last few years though this was terrible. How two judges could have scored the fight for Bradley is unbelievable.

I spoke about this the other day on MMAForums. The commentator had Bradley only winning one round. It's worth noting that in the 10th round that he awarded to Bradley, both fighters had the same number of punches landed and power punches landed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I love watching boxing but I really don't have the time for it anymore. Why watch a fight where it doesn't matter who was the better fighter. At least the WWE admits it's all fake. Boxing is known for people throwing fights and biased judges in the smaller events etc but you'd think this would be fixed for a world title fight.

Each division has 4 or 5 champions so no knows who the real champion is. All the boxers are dodging each other and the boxers dictate who they fight, who they don't and how much money they should earn. This is where the UFC excels. There's only one champion in each division and each champion has to defend their title i.e. no dodging opponents.

Did anyone else see this fight at the weekend? What did you think of the judges decision?

Kevin

Sherratt, Mario Paul and Deborah like this.
  3. TheWhiteTiger

TheWhiteTiger Taoist Immortal

As a boxing fan, and specifically a Pacquiao fan, this event thoroughly annoyed me. I thought Manny looked better than he has done in years, and that it was commendable of him to take on a younger, hungrier, and untested challenger in Bradley (much braver, for example, than Floyd taking on Cotto, whom he knew he would beat).

Worst of all, Pacman absolutely hammered Bradley without a shadow of a doubt. It was a totally one sided fight.

Check out this link: it's an online petition to have the decision reversed. It's got over 26,000 signatures so far. And yeah, one of them's mine.

http://www.change.org/petitions/the...utm_medium=facebook&utm_source=share_petition

Deborah, Joe and Kevin like this.
  4. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I like Pacman too. He was a gentleman at the end. He had nothing but nice things to say about Bradley and he posed with pictures with Bradley with the belt (Bradley seemed like a straight up guy too).

I always want the real winner to win. I'd rather a guy I followed lost than win in this manner. Bradley landed less punches and those that landed were rarely significant. Most of his punches were slaps to the arms whereas Pacman wobbled him on a number of occasions.

I don't think they would reverse a decision as it sets a dangerous precedent for other fights. Surely it is in their best interests to do an investigation though and at the very least take steps to ensure this doesn't happen again. Even the most hardcore boxing fan has reached their limit with these biased decisions.

Also, I don't understand why the judges can't take the compubox fight metrics into considering. I know they don't tell the whole story but it highlights that Bradley was way behind on everything.

5. Joe

Joe Disciple

This is part of the reason I don't follow boxing vividly, Pacman controlled majority of the fight, a few rounds were, for me too close to call, which were the 1st 10th and 12th.
    The rest were favoured to Pacman. I swear this organisation is only interested in the money, With the amount of times you saw Bradley get rocked, and pushed around by the sheer force of each power strike of Manny, it s kinda crude to say that Bradley won.
    Pacman was an absolute gent however gotta give him his props.

Also, I can't sign the petition because I am not in the States :(

TheWhiteTiger and Deborah like this.
  6. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Peronally I thought the judges decision was absolute pants!! To put it mildly:mad:!! The decision saddened me as do a lot about boxing and its politics respects as ever XXxxXX

7. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

I totally agree with you White tiger and thanx for the link, you can add my name to the 26,000 signatures....respects and peace my new martial friend XXxxXX

TheWhiteTiger and Blade Maker like this.
  8. Battodoka07

Battodoka07 Warrior Monk

Petition signed. I couldn't believe the judges decision. I love to watch two skilled fighters fight but it was so obvious Pacman was robbed in this.

Deborah likes this.
  9. Ben

Ben Master

All sports are corrupt. Have you looked at horse racing? That s*** is brutal! It doesn't matter what sport you look at, most of them will have SOME form of corruption.

10. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I agree that there will always corruption at some level in a sport but usually that kind of thing is in the lower leagues. There has been a lot of match throwing in snooker in the UK and Italy has a big problem with fixing in football. I've heard that there isn't any pro cyclist who isn't using steroids (though that's perhaps a drug issue rather than a corruption one).

The integrity of a sport is obviously more important. There's more chance of someone throwing a match in an individual contest than a team one. There's no doubt that in boxing there are guys who throw fights regularly in the lower rankings. I'd hope that this doesn't happen in professional fights but it wouldn't surprise me. A bigger problem with boxing is scoring. The judges can choose who wins or loses a fight. This kind of thing is sometimes close to call and can be subjective, though other times it's not and that's when there is a problem.

Ben, Deborah and Blade Maker like this.
  11. The Baldman

The Baldman Initiate

Sadly can only agree with you. Cricket,football, cycling (authorities turning a blind eye to drugs), snooker, tennis, horse racing, dog racing and boxing have all had had issues. Most corruption involving betting and with spot betting does not necessarily mean winning or losing (which means it can be in a team event).

Deborah, Kevin and Mario Paul like this.
  12. Mario Paul

Mario Paul Samurai

Unfortunately, its all about money now. Where has honour and dignity for oneself gone

Sherratt and Deborah like this.
  13. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Sad, but so true Mario:(all love and respects my great friend XXxxXX

Mario Paul likes this.
  14. steve didino

steve didino Disciple

i miss the greats like ali frazier and foreman ken norton real boxers who left it in the ring

15. jonathan2340

jonathan2340 Initiate

I just want to say thanks for this information that you have posted here. Keep it up.