Bruce Lee

Discussion in 'Healthy Eating & Nutrition' started by Ben, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Ben

Ben Master

So, lately I've been trying to get into a new lifestyle. I've been training every day, playing games less, focusing my mind much more on Martial Arts research and so far it's been going well. Yesterday my family and I watched the new Karate Kid for the first time (The one with Jackie Chan). I asked my Mum who studied the body in university, how long she thought it would take for me to develop the flexibility to be able to kick as high as Jaden Smith in the film and she said with continued training, excercise and weight loss it should be about 8-10 months. So I've set this as a goal. I have a horrible diet, consisting mainly of carbohydrates, dairy and protein, with very little fruits and vegetables. Starting today I've tried to conquer this and alter my lifestyle to better healthy eating. I woke up and made a smoothie with Strawberries, apples, yoghurt, LSA (A mix of ground grains and nuts), milk and honey and a cup of tea for my breakfast, and for lunch I've forgone the Grand Final tradition of party pies and sausage rolls and made myself a rather nice stir fry, hoping to start to incorporate at least a little fruit and veg into every meal.

ANYWAY! Point is, if anyone else is looking for some better eating habits too, I found these three pages really helpful:

http://www.intermartialarts.com/article/bruce-lee-diet

http://www.swatinstitute.com/blog/how-to-add-more-fruits-and-vegetables-into-your-diet/

http://www.ivillage.co.uk/fast-fruit-breakfasts/78224

Semper Gumby and chris halkett like this.
  3. Ben

Ben Master

Oh yeah, reason I called this Bruce Lee was because I was most heavily influenced by the Bruce Lee Diet page :p

4. chris halkett

chris halkett Warrior Monk

Awsum man sort ur diet out and u'll c ur body and fittnes change in amazin ways much respect

Ben likes this.
  5. Ben

Ben Master

respect to you too Chris :)

6. chris halkett

Thanks mate also id say try eat more veg than fruit have fruit just remember it high in sugar even if its gd sugat to much of a bad thing and all that

Ben likes this.
  7. chris halkett

to much of a good thing that was meant to say just woke up u'll need tobear with lol

Ben likes this.
  8. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

Paleo Diet is how I loose weight for upcoming tournements.
    Meat, Veg, some fruit and nuts....that's it.
    If I was'nt so lazy I'd stick to it all the time, I do start to feel great after a few weeks...just ain't easy to go without my pasta, pizza's, chips, sandwiches, etc, etc :(

Ben likes this.
  9. Ben

Ben Master

We're only human dave. I too have started and stopped several different diets, training excercises yada yada yada. The best thing that's worked for me was, not thinking about it. The thing that feels different about what I've done is I havent thought about it as "I'm going to start this tomorrow" or "What if this doesn't last so long". I've thought of it as "This is what I've always done." Today when I made the stir fry today, I was only planning to put Green Beans and Carrots, but when Mum heard what I was making she wanted to put Broccoli in it. I. Hate. Broccoli. But I just stayed silent, said "okay", made the stir fry, and then ate every damn bit of it. And I wasn't phased at all. Sometimes the best kind of determination, is the kind that you silence. That way, it's not anything new, and it's not anything you need to keep track of. It's just normal life.

SifuPhil, chris halkett and Dave76 like this.
  10. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

“In life, the first thing you must do is decide what you really want. Weigh the costs and the results. Are the results worthy of the costs? Then make up your mind completely and go after your goal with all your might.”

Alfred A. Montapert

Seems apt:)

chris halkett and Ben like this.
  11. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

I'm surprised that Bruce drank something so common-place as Lipton tea, especially since the high caffeine levels and lowered iron absorption would I think go against his principles.

Other than that, his diet sounds quite logical and healthy. (y)

Ben likes this.
  12. Ben

Ben Master

I've had two cups of Lipton tea today and I feel friggen fantastic! :D

SifuPhil likes this.
  13. SifuPhil

Well, good!

Just remember - moderation in all things. ;)

Ben likes this.
  14. khan farzal

khan farzal Initiate

will anybody explain me why the PALEO DIET doesnt allow us to consume GRAINS ????? o_Oo_Oo_O

15. SifuPhil

Probably because of the phytic acid that leads to bone problems and iron deficiency, lectins which are now indicted in autoimmune diseases and several proteins such as gluten which have negative effects on stomach linings and health in general.

Dave76 and Alice Okasan like this.
  16. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

Here is another one that works very well for me... milk, bananas and peanut butter... in a blender.
    It is natural, good for you... and the protein will prevent you from getting hungry.

17. punitbook

punitbook Initiate

yes this is common and healthy diet for today its really bad to go with breads and butter which is fatty and unhealthy