Changes to the Black Belt Forums Home Page

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Kevin, Apr 5, 2013.

1. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I discussed this briefly in the suggestions thread, however I thought this deserved a thread of its own.

As you can see, the home page looks a little different now. On the left hand sidebar is a menu with links to all discussion rooms. In the main content area there is a news slider and a rotator with the latest image attachments.

Below that is a list of the latest threads. I think this is a more practical way of viewing the latest content when you arrive on the site.

Those of you who prefer the old way of navigating the site can view the site using the forum link at the top of each page.

Would love to hear your thoughts on this?

thanks,
    Kevin

3. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

I pretty much just check 'alerts' and 'inbox', then go to 'what's new'.
    As long as I can still do that, knock yourself out dude!

dmach and Kevin like this.
  4. Judah

Judah fights in tights

I usually use tapatalk to access the forum.... These new changes aren't anything to do with the changes on today all are they? I used to have "alerts" on the far left tab now it says "latest" and I have to go to the "more" tab then press alerts which kinda sucks for me. But I somehow think that's more to do with the recent tapatalk upgrade.... :(

5. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

No the main design and tapatalk are different. So if you see any changes, it's from them.

Do you see that change when visiting all forums?

6. Judah

Judah fights in tights

Actually no, but BBF was always different to the other forums on tapatalk.. now it's the same :(

7. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

That's strange. I have been fairly active in updating Tapatalk whenever a new version comes out, so I'm surprised it was ever different to any other forum.