Cheesiest Martial Arts Film Cover

Discussion in 'Martial Arts Films & Videos' started by Kevin, Jun 20, 2012.

1. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

The 70s and 80s had some amazing martial arts movies, though for everyone good film there were about 10 terrible ones.

I was browsing IMDB and came across a martial arts film called 'Death Cage (Zhan Long)'. I've never seen it but it stars Mortal Kombat star Robin Shou and Karate legend Joe Lewis. I assume that's why they used the tagline 'This Mortal Knows Combat!!'.

death-cage.png

Can anyone beat this for a cheesy video/dvd cover for a martial arts film?

Kevin

Allie and Blade Maker like this.
  3. Allie

Allie Disciple

I can't, but that is fantastic.

4. MadoreGojuRyu

MadoreGojuRyu Master

what a sad fall from grace this film is for Joe Lewis. He was a badass fighter

5. MadoreGojuRyu

MadoreGojuRyu Master

its no movie cover, but its a rap video.....enjoy

Ed Bates and Deborah like this.
  6. Allie

Allie Disciple

WOW! that is my favorite thing ever

Deborah likes this.
  7. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Oh wait talking of cheese, anyone remember Monkey?? Cheesey but class....all respects and peace...XXxxXX

dmach and arron butler like this.
  8. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

OMG Larry......I don't know if i'd have admitted that one hahahahahahahaaaa, luv, respects and peace XXxxXX

9. Allie

Allie Disciple

This is what I grew up on. The 3 ninjas were the sh** back then, and the cheese is fantastic. Especially the one with Hulk Hogan in it, can't remember which one it was tho.

[​IMG]

arron butler, Kevin and Deborah like this.
  10. arron butler

arron butler Fist of Fury

I used to watch monkey.And it was class Deb.It was Japanese,and not Chinese, like alot of people thought.But i think the cheesiest film ,was the water margin.All them flying kicks on a wire.loool.c'mon.looool

Deborah likes this.
  11. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

And yet again.....the bimbo strikes once more, thanx for keeping me right, appreciated my like-minded warrior!! All love, respects and peace as ever XXxxXX

12. dmach

dmach Martial Archivest

You mean this my bonnie Lass??

But for Cheesey 80's martial arts you can't go past... (at least for me)

[​IMG]

Deborah likes this.
  13. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

OMG Dmach........AMAAAAZING my martial friend, still loving your posts my great friend love, peace and respects;)xxXXxx

14. MadoreGojuRyu

MadoreGojuRyu Master

is this what the forbidden kingdom is based on?

15. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

I dunno Larry but thanx for the clip I had such a crush on Monkey and Tripitaka!! Hahahahahaha love, laughs and respects Larry:DxxXXxx

16. MadoreGojuRyu

MadoreGojuRyu Master

thinking it might be, if you watched that movie and look at the monkey king and compare it to the video here, thinking they might have made it off the show.

Deborah likes this.
  17. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

hahahhaa...well spotted Larry;)!! Respects, love and smiles my martial friend xXx

18. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

One of the cheesiest '70's films in my opinion was Master of the Flying Guillotine -

And its cover -

[​IMG]

Dave76 and Deborah like this.
  19. arron butler

arron butler Fist of Fury

Sifu Phil,i think you have just topped the cheesiest film.where did you dig that up from.lol excellent.i've seen a lot of cheesy martial arts films,but thats just the tops.lol

Deborah likes this.
  20. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

I have to agree with Arron on that one, that tops everything. you are one funny, cool dude Phil:D:cool:XXxxXX

21. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

Oh, that comes from the old days of watching those movies in Times Square when I was still a teenager - that one always stuck in my head (if you'll forgive the pun).

Thank you m'Lady - I try. :D

arron butler and Deborah like this.