Computer games?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by john2054, Apr 22, 2013.

1. john2054

john2054 Nearly graduate

Despite only ranking for yellow belt in Aikido recently, I have however been thrashing the stupid BBCs PCs gameboys playstation 2s and xbox360s pretty much since they first came out. This has given me, an average of just about 10-000 gaming hours over my lifetime in my opinion. Or a lot by any means. That isn't to say that I am any good at any one particular game (even though I still cite beating final fantasy 7 with both hidden elder dragons, and clocking final fantasy nine including completing the skipping game in it with 100% score) as definitely something of a pinnacle of my gaming career. These kind of achievements take what over 1000 hours at the game in and as of themselves, which if not proving for a very blooded and single minded endeavor I don't know what is. Now a days I alternate between elder scrolls 4, tekken tag 2 and just dance 3 to get my kicks. Which if anyone on here knows the foggiest about games, will probably tell you a lot about the kind of person I am! Oh well. I don't suppose that helps much? John.

robert_nj likes this.
  3. Locutus

Locutus Your fight is futile, my hands are pounding you!

NERD!!!!! :D:borg:

Enkidu, Pedro, Red Australian and 2 others like this.
  4. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

The only videos games that I play (or really used to play, now that I have a son) are from the Battlefield franchise.

5. Sherratt

Sherratt Disciple

The main game I play these days is Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

Daniel Miller likes this.
  6. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

Hell yeah. BF series is the shit. but now I don't play games anymore unless this counts?
    [​IMG]

Sneaker, Kevin, Sabomnim Dan and 2 others like this.
  7. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

That counts :)

Battlefield was good. I spent more time playing Counter Strike Source and Call of Duty.

I'm a big gamer too; have been since childhood. I don't play as much as I used to because of travelling etc, though I'm keen to spend more time chilling out playing games when I'm back home. I still enjoy playing retro games, so I am keen on buying a retro device for emulation.

8. Void_Karateka

Void_Karateka Pauper Karateka

I'm a long time Final Fantasy vet too. Hammered 7,8 and 9 while I was at secondary school. I never had the patience for the skipping game on 9. Defeated Omega on 8 and all the Weapons on 7.

Not a bad selection of titles you're into dude.

Salute from one gamer to another!

9. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I had FF III on the Snes (which was really FF VI). I think I still have the cartridge in my loft. It was a US cart so I had to use an adaptor.

Void_Karateka likes this.
  10. Void_Karateka

Void_Karateka Pauper Karateka

That would probably fetch some money these days as a collectors item.

11. Battodoka07

Battodoka07 Warrior Monk

Yeah, after playing the battlefield 3 mission Going Hunting I had the sudden urge to watch Top Gun again and get commissioned in the Navy.

Enkidu likes this.
  12. Gone

Gone Guest

What in the name of Talos did you just say to me, you milk drinker? I'll have you know that I am the Dragonborn, and have been involved in numerous raids on various dungeons and Dwemer ruins, and have collected over 300 dragon souls. I am trained in the Thu'um and am the top archer in the entire Stormcloak army. You are nothing to me but another faithless Imperial. I will smite you with Shouts the likes of which has never been seen before in Tamriel. Mark my words.

RJ Clark likes this.
  13. Enkidu

NERD ALERT!!!!

Sherratt and Locutus like this.
  14. Locutus

Locutus Your fight is futile, my hands are pounding you!

The sad thing is I understand what they are saying :oops:

Enkidu likes this.
  15. Gone

Gone Guest

LOL, I am the least nerd here. The only game I ever play is Skyrim.

Although, when The Elder Scrolls Online comes out, I'll be playing that alot, too.

16. Enkidu

^^^This does not compute with this vvv

Dave76, RJ Clark and Locutus like this.
  17. Gone

Gone Guest

Here I was thinking Minecraft, WoW, CoD, Pokemon or something like that was :S

You blokes better watch yourselves and watch your comments. I was trained by the Greybeards themselves in The Way Of The Voice, perfected by apprenticing under Parthunax himself.

I've killed dragons, bandit lords, vampire ancients, Imperial officers, Dwemer centurions, cursed spirits, the whole gambit.

You DO NOT want some of this.

RJ Clark likes this.
  18. Battodoka07

Battodoka07 Warrior Monk

That's fine. I got an arrow for your knee with your name on it. :p

19. Enkidu

I am not following this Nerd-speak.

20. Gone

Gone Guest

That's right, mate. You better not. My weapons, made of the truest of steels, was crafted at the Skyforge by Eorlund Greymane, the greatest metalsmith in all of Skyrim.

With this shield and sword, bow, and quiver full of arrows and a suit of armour made out of leathers, furs, and demonic metals, nothing can stop me.

I am familiar with feats of war. I have knowledge of combat. You are just another faithless Imperial to be crushed under boot.

21. Enkidu

I put the above text through an online Nerd to English translation program and this is what it returned:

"I will not be getting laid any time soon."