Could You Make Your Own Weapons?

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by SifuPhil, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Blade Maker

Blade Maker Master

Thanks, now i have an excuse for a shameless plug to the weapons i make: http://www.facebook.com/ian.wilson.1253
    the weapons are all over my pics in my profile. I can pull, refine and mix metal from the ground, select and shape wood, craft bows and arrows. Set game traps that will drop human sized creatures. Most usefully in that scenario i can hide and pick off my enemies at a distance.

SifuPhil and Caneman like this.
  2. WonderingFist

WonderingFist Disciple of Mind

Everything is a weapon. With enough creativity and brutality, you don't need to 'make' anything.

"Watch as I kill someone with these speakers, a butter knife and an incense burner!" hahaha

Kyukia Konomi and Blade Maker like this.
  3. Blade Maker

Blade Maker Master

i can help you put together a cheap forge, i have had to make my own and there are lots of ways to avoid costs, shoot me a chat if you are interested.

Aaron likes this.
  4. Blade Maker

Blade Maker Master

Yeah, that's what i am sayin' to, first place i would hit is a pharmacy... Antibiotics are more valuable than gold

Dave76, MT_Demers and Enkidu like this.
  5. arron butler

arron butler Fist of Fury

I don't carry weapons around with me,because of the laws in this country.I was taught that weapons are all around you to use if you need them like i.e a lamp post, brick wall, anything loose with a bit of weight to it.lol.But i could make a weapon if i wanted to.As long as i didn't get nicked i.e arrested for it.lol. But it's o.k for muggers or gang members to carry weapons around to threaten or use them on people.I guess i will just have to use parts of my body as weapon.lool

Blade Maker likes this.
  6. Blade Maker

Blade Maker Master

can you carry mace-spray ?

7. arron butler

arron butler Fist of Fury

No, but i would use anything available to me.Or just try to knock them out quickly,and get away fast.Just in case the police thought that i was the assailant.lol

8. Aaron

Aaron Shadow Warrior

Now I'm homesick for the farm, I miss the forge and the bulk of my metal working tools.... stupid condo & city bylaws...

Blade Maker likes this.
  9. Hummmmm,what an odd question....in one way,yes...in another,no.Example:One of my skills w/the USAF was as a weapons expert,I'm knowlageable of most of the worlds fire arms,I can field strip and equaly profiecnt in they're use.I can't per say open forge a bladed weapon but I'm knowlageable of bladed weapons and they're intended use.I confess it's been a very long time......

Deborah, Aaron and SifuPhil like this.
  10. Aaron san,I'm impressed! I didn't know you have this skill,Frosty!(kewl)

Deborah likes this.
  11. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Hah Phil I could improvise and make some weapons for sure....I am just wating for Zombie Armagedon! Home-made Kali stix for a start and maybe sharpen myself some wooden daggers and the likes!! Oooo yeah bring them on:mad:! Respects and smiles Sifu XXXxxXXX

SifuPhil and arron butler like this.
  12. Aaron Hutto

Aaron Hutto Master

Yeah, this is the lamest Armageddon ... I want ZOMBIES !!! I prepared for zombies!

Deborah and arron butler like this.
  13. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Yeeehaa Aaron, totally!! Bring on the onslaught! Blood, brains, decapatation and plenty of gore:mad:!! This Kunoichi(lady warrior) is more than ready......Anata no daisuke desu, (with my love),rei xxxXXxxx

Blade Maker likes this.
  14. Gone

Gone Guest

It would be easy enough to make molotov cocktails, I suppose. But other than that, no I do not know how to make weapons of any sort. I can improvise fairly well, but not make them from scratch.

15. When it comes to close range/hand-to-hand ranged weapons, anything you grab can be an effective weapon. But considering the scenario, that your country is being experiencing war, revolution or any number of mass chaos, then you need to consider ranged weapons, or weapons of mass destruction like bombs to be truly effective. Basic and effective home made range weapons could include spears, javelins, hawaiian slings, sling shots or air compressed projectiles. I remember making a small cannon as a child after seeing Captain Kirk make a cannon from a piece of bamboo and some material like gun powder to defeat a giant lizard alien creature. Anyways, you can make a very powerful air cannon using a 1 litter plastic bottle and some basic plumbing parts and a bike pump. Such a make shift cannon is as powerful a 22.caliber bullet or more. Anyways, when there is a real need, humans are very resourceful. The best weapon I think would be a team of people working together as a unit in such a situation.

16. Master of Nothing

Master of Nothing Psychotic Pacifist

I started making my own weapons when is was 12. After my pop made me my first 2 pair of nunchaku. First was a couple fishing weights and twist link chain to construct a manriki gusari (kusari fundo). Then was a broom handle hand sawed (with hacksaw blade) down the middle. Hand twisting with a drill bit throught the sides to match the scythe blade I got from the hardware store. Then finishing with bonding glue to pull the gaps, some metal twine as primary bonding wrap, and ducktape. Its been 24 year and I still have those two weapons a some others I've constructed over the years.
    As far as environment. I found that cross training everyday items with melee weapons helps one identify the fine points of both. Swords-Broom/Axe Handle, Spear/ Bo/Jo/Hanbo-Broom Handle, Trident-Broom, Halberd-Mop, Yawara-Cellphones/Cordless Phones/Salt&PepperShakes War Hammers and Axes-well, hammers and axes .
    Paperclips straightened, Staples twisted together, Books, Rolled Magazines & news papers, Wirehangers, Belts, Broken CDs, Folded Paper (Printer, Envelops, Folders, PostIts, Beer Bottle Labels, etc.), and so on.

17. Sensei Martin

Sensei Martin Warrior Monk

Everyone is making this way to complicated !!

All you need is a good Hockey Stick!

[​IMG]

Judah, SifuPhil, Dave76 and 1 other person like this.
  18. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

Hmm, War would be the hardest I think. Homemade wepons vs modern military not such a good idea. Bug out with the family into the forrests, plenty of hunting, fresh water,etc...
    Zombie appocalypse on the other hand, Phfttt! Easy. As others have already said, spears \ poles utilizing 'Wing Chun' - Dragon pole technique, bo or jo ofcourse, a good sharp tipped bokken, any of these you could make on the go, so long as you have some decent hardwood trees near by.Not sure kali sticks would be very effective against zombies.
    If I could get to a hardware store, well.... to easy I think. Gardening section alone would be a goldmine. 6" nails are something I allready practice throwing, circular saw blades (yes I'm thinking of Commando), screwdrivers, chisels, etc,etc...
    Making bombs would also be easy if your in a populated area. LPG bottles make an incredibly powerful explosive, especially when you pack nuts and washers around them and double up as camp cooker, gas lantern,so on and so on, clorine and brakefluid, ammonium nitrate fertiliser,etc,etc...
    But what always drives me nuts when I'm watching 'The Walking Dead' or some other zombie thing, why oh why does no one think of armour??? I mean really, any halfway decent sports store is going to have some lacrosse, hockey, etc gear. A motorcycle shop for a leather jacket with inbuilt kevlar body armour and some decent calf high boots, etc...

Master of Nothing likes this.
  19. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

20. Master of Nothing

Master of Nothing Psychotic Pacifist

DAMN SKIPPY!!!! I've been argueing the same point for years!!!!

Aaron likes this.