Cung le vs anderson the spider silva

Discussion in 'Mixed Martial Arts' started by Adam Crawshaw, Oct 20, 2012.

1. kev

kev Initiate

SIlva is far superior to jones, only advantage jones has is age and size.. and by the looks of things silva is in amazing fitness and shape for his age so really only advatage he has is size... silva doesnt want to fight jones, because he doesnt want to destroy jones.... jones has a long career ahead of him because there is noone else on his level except silva... who knows he would destory jones and he doesnt want to end jone's career and legacy...... if silva beat jones his run and career as a legend would be OVER.... something you tards dont know about.. MMA fighters have huge respect and love for each other.. silva has 2 or 3 fights left and he doesnt have to fight again he has already stated to the world he is the best by far..... he doesnt need to fight jones to prove that.... silva is too nice of a guy and is friends with jones with 2 fights left he doesnt want to be the guy that finishes jones before he leaves..... there ya go bit of education for you dumb asses... jones is good but he is not on silvas level AT ALL,, NOONE IS..

2. kev

kev Initiate

oh yer breakin shamrocks arm with kicks is also pretty bad aswell... kick boxing world champion, san shou world champion, wrestling champion... strike force champion, the guys achieved nothing has he ??!!! you UFC bumhole lickers...

3. kev

kev Initiate

as for GSP he good at sitting on people and wiining by points,, but its not his ability why he would have less chance against silva than cung... it is the fact he is too small..

4. kev

kev Initiate

number 5

are you a retard??? cung Le vs anderson silva has been a fight people wanted to see since forever, even DANA WHITEs mouths watering from seeing that fight....

5. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
    Oh....wait....were you being serious?o_O

The fact that you've resorted to name calling proves where your IQ level is at.
    If we're all so retarded, feel free to leave the forum......really......please!

6. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

Obviously you've never seen my home movies:finger:

Titles include
    ; Sheathing the Long Sword
    ; BJJ for the Bedroom
    ; Long Pole Techniques
    ; Secrets of the Stickey Hands Style
    ; Three Fingers of Fury
    ; Three Fingers of Fury 2 - The revenge of the wet spot

MattCMMA likes this.
  7. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

To say that he's accomplished nothing is a bit insulting. But no one other than a sycophant would think that his MMA career has been better than mediocre. I know it's hard to hear others talk badly about your hero, but resorting to name calling like some bratty elementary child doesn't give you a "win" and make your ridiculously high opinion of Cung Le's potential ability in MMA valid (because so far he has not shown exceptional ability in the octagon).

One thing that's consistent on this forum is that even when there is a polarizing issue on the table we can remain fairly civil and discuss it (most of the time). So if you want to enjoy yourself here: chill out, perhaps actually think before you start manically typing whatever inane thought flitters across your mind, and appreciate the fact that this forum has an international membership of diverse individuals who often have extensive martial arts and combat sports backgrounds as well as other very applicable life experiences from military, law enforcement, etc.

Dave76 and MattCMMA like this.
  8. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

1- Umm..I think if you look in the mirror, you're the one with the steam escaping from your head/ears...Seriously? Your mad?:D

2- You're Right! You did "educate" me! I learned "aint" and the use of two commas and two periods in ONE sentence. I also learned the definition of IRONY as well. In my class current events[we're focusing on the balckbelt.com forums] you actually replied Minutes after you said you weren't going to. Anyways, thanks a lot! I feel so much more educated.

3- Yes we will, but other then my foot in my mouth, I believe in the high percentages, my chances of collecting cash on that night.[Franklin for some Franklins] Franklin comes out on top. I don't make these decisions based upon my own feelings, but rather the numbers.

4- You'll definitely hear from me, just be sure that you're here to hear it.

Just bolding your spouting contradiction.

Really? Are you a fighter? What do you train in as well where do you train at? I'm sure all of us would love to know.

9. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

You do realise that the UFC owns strikeforce and the roster is much weaker than the UFC. Outside the champions of each division, the pool there is really weak when compared to the UFC. Gilbert Melendez is amazing though. He would have been promoted to the UFC a long time ago if doing so wouldn't leave Strikeforce with no decent lightweights.

There's a reason why GSP is always talked about as being one of the top 3 P4P MMA fighters in the world. He's the real deal and very few people are on his level. I'll grant you that he has won most of his fights via decisions over the last few years but none of his wins have ever been close - he's always dominated opponents and his division is pretty strong so it's not like he's beating bums.

RJ Clark and MattCMMA like this.
  10. Adam Crawshaw

Adam Crawshaw The Ripper

MattCMMA- 3- Yes we will, but other then my foot in my mouth, I believe in the high percentages, my chances of collecting cash on that night.[Franklin for some Franklins] Franklin comes out on top. I don't make these decisions based upon my own feelings, but rather the numbers.

So how much money did you lose following the numbers?

11. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

Actually, overall in the whole card my numbers gained a profit. Even with the loss on that fight. Despite Le's lucky punch.

12. Adam Crawshaw

Adam Crawshaw The Ripper

if a punch lands you can't call it lucky these guys train day in day out for this s**t they train every technique every move over and over with different scenarios every block/counter possible and you still dispute Le's abilities and training what would your reply be to a submission technique win or decision or tko i bet it would still be against Le's abilities. Now don't get me wrong im not saying Le Is the best middle weight in the world but you can't dispute his skills. all i am saying is everyone deserves their chance and i think his is due soon

13. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

skip to around 4 min mark. If ANYONE was more surprised that the strike landed more the Le himself, I would love to know who. Le won't get a title shot, there are to many fighters in front of him who deservingly have their chance at the title. Anyways moving on to the welterweight title coming this sat.

14. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

Cung Le's Right Hook

The big finish of the night came in the Middleweight masters division as Cung Le knocked out Rich Franklin about a minute in to the main event. Unusually for Le this knockout came courtesy of a punch, despite his notably weak hands in previous performances. In truth though this knockout was more the work of Franklin than it was Le's striking genius...

[source: http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2012/11/...g-le-rich-franklin-fuel-jack-slack-judo-chop]

15. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Franklin definitely looked stronger with his hands but Le wasn't really under any pressure either. They were both still in the feeling out phase...which is what made the knockout even more surprising. Fair play to Cung Le. Perhaps he did throw the punch blindly but he still threw it and it connected beautifully.

16. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

MattCMMA, you can appreciate this saying "The harder I train the luckier I get on the mat." We all use the phrase "lucky punch" to describe an unexpected thunderbolt (as someone else here described it:)) and that doesn't do justice to the training and experience that enables that "luck". That being said, Le will probably have to at beat two top ten guys to be in line for a title shot (maybe one if he can dominate or have another thunderbolt land;)) Right now he is still way down the list, and he's too much of a nice guy to be able to trash talk/social media blitz his way into a title shot sooner.

17. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I like Le. In this instance I think he was just showing some respect to Franklin as there wasn't much between them before that happened. I suppose it was also lucky in that I don't think he meant it to connect so well - certainly not knock him down with one punch. Perhaps he half expected it to maybe hit and if it did, follow it up with something else. He did look surprised by it but I do think he was just trying to be respectful in the post fight interview.

18. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

Cung Le great guy and entertaining fighter but agreed not anywhere near the level to get a title shot at Silva, Im actually getting irritated with Dana for just pretty much matching anybody that will fight Silva into a fight(Bonnar) The guys the top of the top he deserves that calibre opponent if not he should retire which is personally what I think he should do - stay the best of the best

19. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Bonnar was coming off a 3 fight winning streak but I do agree there were other fighters that deserved a shot. It could have been a 'thank you' for his service to the company.

20. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

To answer the original question... Silva would ass-rape Cung Le with no lube even if Silva were forced to fight with one hand and one leg tied behind his back and wearing an eye-patch.

/eot

MattCMMA likes this.