Daughters 2nd Muay thai fight

Discussion in 'Muay Thai' started by carl bradley, Jun 30, 2013.

1. carl bradley

carl bradley Initiate

Clip of my 14yr old daughters 2nd fight at Bournemouth uk

Mr.Bond, RJ Clark and dmach like this.
  3. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

Well let me just say you have one tough daughter, People that have never stepped into a ring dont understand the amount of mental and physical stress that a fighter goes through so you should be very proud that she is that strong of an individual especially at 14 years old.

Great effort for her 2nd fight, aggressive and doesn't back down, If i may one thing to help her focus on would be to check the roundhouse kicks with her shin instead of reaching low with her left hand to always grab the leg.Great occasionally to set up the sweep but when she starts fighting more experienced fighters they will go for the left of the head either with a hook as she goes for the grab or fake the low kick and then go for the head with the kick.Hope this can assist and congrats im sure you are a very proud dad (y)

4. carl bradley

carl bradley Initiate

Thanks for that! Once she gains more ringcraft she will improve on her skills and be able to read the opponent better .
    At the moment she is an able fighter with no fear of going toe to toe with anyone and as i know her power is increasing dramatically (my ribs tell me so!)
    The girl she fought was a lot more experienced (twin sister is national champ) but even though she lost was a good showing and valuable experience was gained!

DeeD likes this.
  5. Ninja_Lee

Ninja_Lee Initiate

Great stuff! She fought well and as you say she will only get better with experience. She looked to take the loss with dignity too, a great trait for someone just starting out fighting!

carl bradley likes this.
  6. carl bradley

carl bradley Initiate

Thanks ! She has that trait that win or lose it does not faze her at all and has always been brought up to show respect to her opponants which sometimes but not often in the Muay Thai world is sadly lacking.

Ninja_Lee likes this.
  7. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

Thats unfortunate Ive been lucky that my experience has always been with respect here and in Thailand

carl bradley and Ninja_Lee like this.
  8. carl bradley

carl bradley Initiate

I fully agree in Thailand and in most clubs over here there is nothing but total respect its just the odd few in any martial that spoils it for the majority.
    Personaly I go by the rule if you cant lose gracefuly and accept the judges decision and your opponents skill over yours then you should not be competing!

Sneaker and DeeD like this.
  9. daniel Mccullough

daniel Mccullough Advanced beginner

That's great for her second fight! Congratulations on raising such a tough daughter. You should be proud of her. Although she should work on pivoting her foot and driving that kick into her opponent instead of hesitating. Tell her to keep up the good work.

Sneaker and carl bradley like this.
  10. carl bradley

carl bradley Initiate

Thanks for that Daniel, she has the guts and bottle, just got to work on the finer skills!
    The girl she was up against had a lot more experience (multiple belt holder) so she did ok to hold her and bodes well for her future.