dietary plan

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by shyquille graves, Dec 31, 2013.

1. shyquille graves

shyquille graves Warrior Monk

ok fellow martial artist / fighters /

I need your help I need a dietary plan different opinions will help

thank you I appreciate it

3. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

This depends on what your focus is, your goals, and how you are training or if there is no focus and you just want general healthy eating guidelines. Unless you're looking to maintain a certain weight for competition or are an ammy/pro bodybuilder then a super strict diet isn't necessary. A well-balanced diet, good multi-vitamin daily, and perhaps a daily oral shot of liquid B complex to boost your body's building and repairs is great for nearly everyone.

Aaron likes this.
  4. shyquille graves

im not trying to be a body builder im big enough lol but im trying to cut weight and just a general healthy life style

5. shyquille graves

and im trying to obtain the entire package

6. Void_Karateka

Void_Karateka Pauper Karateka

Just a little thing that can make a massive difference.

Water.

Try drinking half a pint before every meal. Good for the digestion, aiding absorption of nutrients from food and it can help stop you overeating. It'll make you feel a bit fuller a bit sooner when eating (surprisingly it's very easy to overeat).

Give it a month and see if it helps :)

Other than that eat plenty of fish, tonnes of vegetables and keep close check on your carb intake (past, rice, bread, potatoes and any other starchy foods).

dmach and Dave76 like this.
  7. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

I live by a couple rules... I found that these allowed me to gain strength or lean endurance...
    E.g. - obtaining single rep max of 415 on bench with me weighing just under 200 at the time (when I was in a white fiber specific workout routine for a while)... and fulfilling running requirements later for lean red fiber focus.
    My general rules
    1. Eat food in as natural a form as you can... grilled, baked or broiled, avoid sauces and condiments including salt. Mustard, light butter and pepper are fine.
    2. Milk, water, juice (easy with juice and keep it pure)... coffee and tea are fine too... unsweetened.
    3. Generally if you look at the ingredients and it isn't natural or you don't know what it is, or there are more than about 3-5 ingredients... don't eat it. READ LABELS
    4. Eat frequent smaller meals.
    5. Don't eat after about 18:00-19:00 each night.
    6. Eat something with protein in the morning, it will prevent hunger until lunch.
    7. Eat more fish.
    8. Avoid refined sugar; if you need/want sweets (I do) make better choices like dark chocolate and keep it to small portion.
    9. If you want to drop a few pounds, walk away slightly hungry every meal... and if it bugs you too much you are walking away too hungry - eat a little more. If only a little bit, fill in another action other than eating... drop and do a few push-ups and then get a big glass of water to fill your stomach.

These are some of the things I live by...

Aaron, dmach, Pedro and 3 others like this.
  8. Eric Dufurrena

Eric Dufurrena The Iron Fist of Fun

And by easy with the juice and keep it pure, he means not from concentrate!

Caneman likes this.
  9. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

Agree with everything that caneman said. Lost 30lbs last year doing that.
    Just some personal details that i have to add:

Avoid milk or derivatives. Some doctors (one hepatologist and an ortomolecular doctor) have already told me to avoid that. Try to replace with soy milk/juice.

If you eat meat, and if you are not trying to gain muscular mass at any cost, eat only fish. Red meat takes a lot of time to be digested and that may slow down your metabolism (i'm guessing).

Don't drink anything while eating, just a little cup of tea after, it helps to dissolve fat and digest it better.

Drink at least 2,5 liters of water a day, two glasses after waking up

Walk away slightly hungry, that's very important because it'll reduce the size of your stomach and in time you'll be satisfied with much less food.

And as they say, an apple a day will keep the doctor away

And last, but not least, perhaps the most important.. Try to find extra virgen coconut oil. It's a great supplement, that people are using here.
    The main reason is that it reduces local fat, but it has a lot more benefits than that... It's a natural thermogenic, has a lot of antioxidants, boosts the imune system, and helps to put your head in the right place :D
    My grandpa had to stop taking it because he was losing much weight, of course at his age he can't lose much, but we can control that.
    Anyway... It HAS TO BE EXTRAVIRGEN and can not be in CAPSULES.
    One spoon, first thing after waking up, than have your breakfest, and than you can take another spoon in the afternoon or before dinner.
    I'm starting this diet again today, finals and christmas got me 8 lbs... :(

anyway, good luck for us

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
    Caneman likes this.
  10. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

While I understand why you say this... I don't agree with this part at all. I do with everything else.
    Avoiding milk products, well there are two schools of thought on it and like 98% of the world also has some level of intolerance to lactose.
    Many, many studies has shown that milk drinkers stay leaner and maintain a lower body fat; calcium benefits from milk products are obvious. The key is to drink whole milk (yes, the high fat version). That fat is NOT bad for you; moreover your body needs it.
    Personally, in my household we drink raw milk (unprocessed from a local dairy) and 2% and above when "over the counter" processed.

Again, I have seen people have successful progress on both sides of the fence with this.
    Plenty of info out there to read and decide.
    As you can see from Pedro's approach, avoidance can work too... I just go the opposite way with success also.
    As an aside, I do like almond milk.

Pedro and Eric Dufurrena like this.
  11. Eric Dufurrena

Eric Dufurrena The Iron Fist of Fun

I wanted to try that, but couldn't find the nipples.

Dave76 likes this.
  12. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

There is a chocolate almond milk. Very good. About like half way between Yoohoo and normal chocolate milk. Try it!

13. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

Well I'm late on getting back to this thread. Mostly solid advice to give you a framework to build your own diet around. Something for me to add is that humans are omnivores, or better yet we're opportunivores - we basically ate anything we could successfully hunt or gather. So mix it up and consume everything in moderation. A healthy diet doesn't have to be an exercise in Spartan discipline. You can have a diverse, enjoyable diet that is also healthy with a little planning. (y)

dmach and shyquille graves like this.
  14. Jovan

Jovan Disciple

Be bizzy, one of the mainreasons I eat a lot is because im bored :ROFLMAO:

shyquille graves and Pedro like this.
  15. Aaron

Aaron Shadow Warrior

If you are trying to cut some weight, fat not muscle mass, try adding some fiber to your diet.

Oatmeal, beans, whole grains, fruit work well. Also hemp hearts and hemp based protein powder work good for snacks, very healthy and have a fair amount of fiber and slow absorbing protein, and omega fats that help.

Also up your vegetable intake, this can be more important than consumption of fruit.

16. shyquille graves

im a big guy ands protein only bulks me is there a sub your recommend

17. Void_Karateka

Void_Karateka Pauper Karateka

It's impossible to substitute protein itself. You could change the sources of the protein you're consuming? For instance if you eat a lot of meat you could be taking on excess fats (and even more protein) than you can process. That's why I suggested fish; chicken is also a good one. Never tried hemp based foods so much so I can't comment on those (though I will give em a try, any suggestions on best places to buy Aaron?).

You said you're a big guy already. Do you have any idea on what your bodyfat % might be at all? Any idea on what your natural bodytype is? (Mesomorph, Ectomorph, Endomorph or somewhere in between two of em?).

If you're naturally heavily muscled for instance it will be hard to trim down without hitting a wall at some point (that point being where you're shedding fat to 12%-15% and below levels).

Is your goal to be more aesthetically defined or more functionally defined?

Aaron likes this.
  18. Aaron

Aaron Shadow Warrior

Hemp based protien powders only contain one thing hemp ground hemp, and is a slow absorbing protien. They do tend to have a lot of fiber. I would suggest using these if your looking at loosing a couple of pounds while making some gains on muscle mass.
    I use these in between meals when I would usually snack heavily.
    This is the site where I got my last batch from: http://hempcorstore.com/
    I have found hemp protien slightly cheaper at a local natural food store, looks to be the equivelant stuff according the protien profiles.
    Best thing to do is shop around.

This again all comes down to what your goal is.

From what you posted earlier, I would say looking at loosing some fat %. Caneman's first post is good place to start with your dietary needs, I would also add to that upping your fiber intake. Fiber will help cut back on in between meal cravings.

Start walking, jogging, or running. Look at least 1 per day to start, then get it up to 2. It doesn't sound like much, but it does add up if you do it every day. I started back to school back in the fall and lost 10 pounds just from changing my diet and the mass amount of walking/running that I had to do around the university campus to get to my classes on time. Not once did I have time to get to the gym

Honestly though; follow Caneman's 9 points that he posted, this should be a good start, then when your used to it start working out.[/quote]