Do you find yourself eating healthier?

Discussion in 'Healthy Eating & Nutrition' started by angie828, Jun 5, 2012.

1. angie828

angie828 Disciple

Since you have started doing any form of martial arts, do you think that you have started to eat better? I have found that I have. I feel better when I eat better and do not feel as sluggish if I eat a quality diet. I find that in my TKD I am not as winded when I spar with others, or work on my forms.

Deborah likes this.
  3. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Yeah I definitely do. I generally eat healthy all the time anyways but I definitely make more shakes, eat more fruit etc when I'm training regularly.

4. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

When I started training I had one of the worst diets imaginable! I ate nothing but crisps, biccies and chocolate, maybe the odd meal now and again:oops: . I started injuring myself, felt sluggish and couldn't consentrate at all.I now eat healthy, fish, chicken, fresh fruit, etc and find life sooo much better, in my training and my everyday life. It all seems like common sense now...eat...live, but we must all understand that a healthy diet is essential;) peace, love and all my respectXxXx

5. Ben

Ben Master

I have definatly started trying to. I try to eat more fruit and veg and stay away from take-aways and un-necessary eating. But I find that I still give in quite often. But I'm well aware of my mistakes in my diet and am currently trying to excercise more. And I must be suceeding, my english teacher from my old high school said I'd lost weight when I went to visit last time :p

Deborah likes this.
  6. Nexquietus

Nexquietus Disciple

Eat like a caveman. Look up the Paleo diet. I personally do better with lower carbs than that, but without wheat I feel a noticeable difference.

jim

Deborah likes this.
  7. Andrew_

Andrew_ Initiate

I have always believed that a healthy diet paves way for a healthy body. I have also felt that if we do any kind of physical work including martial art, then our metabolism system acts faster and we require more food to satisfy our urge.

Deborah likes this.
  8. Aaron

Aaron Shadow Warrior

I did when I was training MMA, but my day job is has messed me up as fast food is too accessable. Working on cutting back on the wheat intake as Nexquietus has stated, hard to do coming from a farming background. But in general since I stared training in martial arts I have looked at food differently, in a good way.

Deborah likes this.
  9. JIM

JIM Grasshoppa

I used to smoke 40 cigs a day drink like a fish and eat shit like a pig. Now i smoke the fresh air drink is my family and friends and i eat like the way my pal my body wants me to eat.

It feels good being a new man and a good husband and dad.
    Going back training change my life for me and everyone else who i love.

Deborah and Kevin like this.
  10. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Hahahaha, Jim you make me smile:DI agree healthy is better!!;)...respects xXx

JIM likes this.
  11. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

So true Adam.....so true!;)

Aaron likes this.
  12. Andrew_

Andrew_ Initiate

Well, it seems like you mistook my name as Adam, it is Andrew. And, do you find any metabolic change in your body?

Deborah likes this.
  13. angie828

angie828 Disciple

Oh I give in plenty as well. But I have found that most of the time when I reach for a bag of chips or the soda, I think do I really need this? How will it make me feel? And then often times I do not want it, so that has really helped me.

Ben likes this.
  14. Ben

Ben Master

I'll keep that in mind next time I go for something I don't need :)

15. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

WHOOPS!! Please forgive my blondeness Andrew i'm overtired with the sheer amount of training I am doing just now!!! I'm not too sure about metabolisms, but I know sweat is the fat crying in your body hahahaha:p love n respects.....xXxXx

JIM likes this.
  16. khan farzal

khan farzal Initiate

i dont eat better :(
    and the only reason behind this is I live in INDIA :mad:
    somebody please take me to CHINA - JAPAN - KOREA :D

Deborah likes this.
  17. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Awwwww, son if I could bring you to Scotland.....I would:rolleyes:!! respects my new fellow Bruce Lee fanatic xXxXx

khan farzal likes this.
  18. Blade Maker

Blade Maker Master

I did not start eating healthier until i went to culinary school... I had no idea how quickly and easily healthy food could be made.

19. khan farzal

khan farzal Initiate

can u pls share some ! ! ! :D

Blade Maker and Deborah like this.
  20. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

Cook some animal flesh + fresh fruits & veggies + healthy fats like nuts, seeds, and oils.

BTW, I do a lot of BBQ'ing and grilling and avoid processed foods.

Blade Maker likes this.
  21. Blade Maker

Blade Maker Master

what he said, meat + flame = yum, and you can always grill your veggies too.
    Once i had mealworm that was cooked up with rice, granted that i was really hunger at the time, it tasted like a nutty couscous.

Steaming is a good way to cook veggies and make healthy nutrient rich water, fruits too. Best when it is cooled, It is good with mixed barley tea, or any other tea for that matter.

dmach and Enkidu like this.