Explosions hit Boston Marathon

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kevin, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

I wouldn't. I don't think even the most anti-Obama person out there really believes this either.

Huh? Do you really think that allowing judges to set aside guilty verdicts or reduce sentences has anything to do with the violence in this case?

Frankly, this post is as big a non-sequitor as comedian Jay Mohr's recent pronouncement that the Second Amendment is somehow responsible for the terror attacks.

Why don't we wait to find out who the person is, first, before we start politicizing the tragedy.

2. Enkidu

CNN is now saying no arrest has been made, although it sounds like they have a good suspect, apparently a brown-skinned man who apparently was seen leaving a bag right where the second explosion occurred. "Brown-skinned man" doesn't sound like far right terror. If this person turns out to be the right guy, either a lone wacko, or likely a Jihadi.

3. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

Right. Because my sadness and anger over the handling of this and other tragedy somehow politicizes it? This is no party line. It is frustration about how violence is poorly handled by our representatives (past and present).
    I hope you are right (in inference)... and the resolution to this is clean, resolve and effective. I hope our leaders prove me wrong and reduce this sadness, anger, bitterness or whatever the hell it is.

4. Enkidu

I just hope they catch the fucker and everyone who might have helped him or who might have been a part of the plot and that if he is a part of the group, we catch those in the group. Then I hope we waterboard the fuck out of them (actually, I would prefer that they all get sodomized with a broken bottle) and then they spend the rest of their lives in prison (hopefully as part of the general prison population so they get some prison justice on a regular basis).

5. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

I don't "get" you sometimes... but I absolutely agree with the first sentence.
    Then (following your first sentence statement), I want it handled with the clean, effective resolve I referred to. I still won't care "what they felt", or the "why they did it" from any source pandering to that circus. And to an earlier point you made, the only thing that information should be used for is future prevention and I will add punishment. And that prevention best not be some dumb-ass law, as criminals don't follow laws. That is why they are criminals.

6. Enkidu

I agree.

So what's the debate about?

7. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

I don't think there is one... I am probably "fronting" my future negative expectation of the handing of this bombing.
    Soap-boxing...
    And, doing that out of my own: "sadness, anger, bitterness or whatever the hell it is" as I stated earlier.
    I think we all want to do something... and frustration in not being able to is a common side effect.

Enkidu likes this.
  8. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I read something about a Saudi man being arrested after running away from the scene. The guy explained that he was simply scared. The police believed his story.

I reckon it's true. I mean, I doubt the scumbag who planned this would run away and draw attention to himself in that way.

9. Enkidu

He wasn't arrested, he was questioned. There have been no arrests as yet in the case.

I think whomever they are identifying as a suspect is someone other than the man who was questioned.

Kevin likes this.
  10. Locutus

Locutus Your fight is futile, my hands are pounding you!

When they find them simply castrate them. Remove them from the gene pool.

11. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Unfortunately, that won't be happen. I'd be happy for scumbags like that, and peadafiles and rapists; , be put in an Alcatraz and have them fight to the death. The winner then gets to stay alive until the next 100 scumbags arrive. Then the whole thing repeats itself.

12. Locutus

The Alcatraz game of thrones :)

Kevin likes this.
  13. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

Funny that you say this, as I was thinking the same last night. But then it glorifies the whole thing and makes it a spectacle, along with being money driven by some media form... aligning with some dystopia liking "Running Man", or "Hunger Games". I advocate total removal of spectacle.
    Allowing for appropriate number of appeals and sufficient time for defense evidence to arise. Once that time ends; enter the silence of termination.

Kevin and Dave76 like this.
  14. Locutus

I just realised, what have you got against people who like peas? I like peas and I find that lumping me with scumbags and rapists is insulting! :grumpy:

Kevin likes this.
  15. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

hahahaha. There's no coming back from that one.

Sorry!

Sorry.jpg

Locutus likes this.
  16. Locutus

You know, I eat my peas with honey. I have done it all my life. I know it tastes rather funny but it keeps them on my knife.

Kevin likes this.
  17. Enkidu

A house-to-house search is underway for one of the suspects named Sunil Tripathi, who is Indian and the son of a wealthy software engineer and went missing from Brown University about a month ago. The other suspect, Mike Mulugeta is dead after killing an MIT traffic officer. Apparently (although reports are sketchy) he died due to explosives that were on his person.

18. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

19. Enkidu

20. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

It's amazing though how far ahead twitter is versus the news stations when reporting the news now a days. CNN, MSNBC, etc. are far behind and very inaccurate. Just a random thought I've had as this has all played out.