Explosions hit Boston Marathon

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Kevin, Apr 15, 2013.

1. Locutus

Locutus Your fight is futile, my hands are pounding you!

I have to say I am surprised at how quickly this has all been worked out. Congrats to those involved in the hunt and destroy.

2. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

3. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

Now they're saying it's a guy named Dzhokhar A. Tsarnaev. It's AMAZING to me that news sources are reporting the identity of a suspect they haven't caught yet.

4. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

Not necessarily prudent and responsible on the part of the media... or maybe quite the opposite and the agencies did it on purpose to maximize visibility and remove the ability to hide.

5. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

Bearing in mind this is from Bullshit'o'

Boston Terrorists Trained at Local Martial Arts Schools
    by: Phrost

[​IMG]

As details about the subjects of last night's ongoing manhunt emerge, it has come to our attention that Tamerlan Tsarnaev- dead- and Jarhar Tsarnaev- on the run as of 10AM EST- have numerous connections within the MA MA community.

The older, now dead brother, Tamerlan, trained at Wai Kru Boston a Tapout affiliated gym. A boxer, Tamerlan recently took a semester off from his studies to train for a Golden Gloves tournament in UT in hopes of earning an Olympic team slot and citizenship, photos and details can be found in this photo essay by Johannes Hirn, "Will box for passport".

[​IMG]

The younger brother, Jarhar Tsarnaev- again, still on the run as of 10AM EST- is known to have trained in the Boston area, though as of this posting we are not sure what schools he may have visited or regularly attended.

6. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

I keep TELLING you guys MMA is evil! :devil:

Kevin likes this.
  7. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

SifuPhil and Dave76 like this.
  8. SifuPhil

Well, they got him out alive ~ 8:40pm EST.

Good job, guys! (y)

9. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

Wow, DC and Marvel worlds are coming together over this!

SifuPhil likes this.
  10. Enkidu

Thanks. It was all me.

SifuPhil likes this.
  11. SifuPhil

Were you Batman or Spiderman?

I can't help thinking, watching the Boston folks rejoicing in the streets, how similar it looks to the "terrorist" countries when one of their plans comes to a successful conclusion.

I also just heard that they aren't Mirandizing him ... not sure what the implications of that are, except that he might be treated as a combination civilian / military prisoner.

12. Enkidu

Wouldn't you like to know! What's the point of having a disguise if I turn around and reveal which superhero I am?

I see a big difference. People rejoicing in Boston are rejoicing the capture of man who, along with their brother, was actually responsible for several murders and horrendous maiming of a bunch of innocent bystanders at a sporting event, who was on the loose, had killed and injured policed officers trying to capture him, and whose actions had terrorized a city while the manhunt was underway. There is a big difference between that and the cheering masses celebrating a successful terror attack against a bunch of civilians. I am sure you can see the difference between the two. There is no moral equivocation between the two.

All it means is that they cannot use anything they get from him during an interrogation, and nothing more. The police are not required to give you your Miranda rights after arresting you. Nor do they need to give you your Miranda rights before questioning you following arrest. However, if they wish to use anything you say during what is known as "custodial interrogation" they must provide you with your Miranda rights, otherwise whatever you say, or any evidence they get as a result of what you say, can be thrown out (the latter being known as "fruit of the poisonous tree"). People often make too much of what the Miranda rights actually mean.

13. SifuPhil

I also understand that they cannot Mirandize him because he is "under duress" or "distressed".

Basically the government is invoking the "public safety" clause and saying "You don't have the right to remain silent", according to CNN, anyway.

This is a learning experience for me - I always thought (like most people, I guess) that they HAD to "read you your rights".

14. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

Late last night I was reading a CNN article in which they had already started to publish this crap about what a "good boy he was"... as they interviewed one of his teachers... articles about supposition of being setup, etc... Sorry lost the link...
    Just a reminder about my first point on this topic... look at the crap that is already starting to come out from the media.
    Somehow, since the civil authorities did what appears to be an excellent and exacting job so far, my hope is that the facts somehow squelch the media and political sensationalism about this.
    Facts -> try -> punish ...it real can be that simple with a little responsibility.

15. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

http://www.thesuperheroquiz.com/

Mine answered green lantern.

Dave76 likes this.
  16. Dave76

17. Enkidu

18. Dave76

19. Locutus

Locutus Your fight is futile, my hands are pounding you!

Dave76 likes this.
  20. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Your results:
    You are Spider-Man
    You are intelligent, witty,
    a bit geeky and have great
    power and responsibility.
    [​IMG]
    Spider-Man 70%
    Robin 52%
    Superman 50%
    Hulk 45%
    The Flash 40%
    Batman 35%
    Catwoman 35%
    Iron Man 35%
    Supergirl 30%
    Wonder Woman 25%
    Green Lantern 25%

So I'm 35% catwoman. So many pussy jokes running through my brain right now. Must resist!

MattCMMA and Dave76 like this.