First Tournament

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussions' started by chris halkett, Sep 18, 2014.

1. chris halkett

chris halkett Warrior Monk

hay guys iv signed up for my first combat jujitsu tournament its semi contact kickboxing with takedowns and submissions its in 8 weeks im really looking forward to it and think its gonna be some great experience il let you all know how I get on

dmach likes this.
  3. dmach

dmach Martial Archivest

Good Luck Brother!!!

chris halkett likes this.
  4. Kuyaken

Kuyaken Karate for the streets not just for trophies

Awesome, good luck my friend, make sure you go running or swimming to build your stamina up

When I was fighting I was training 4 hours a day

5. james chin

james chin expanding my martial skill

go kill those guys

6. chris halkett

thanks guys ye I need to work on my cardio its 3x3 min rounds which is gonna hard for me at present iv started doing a lot of heavy bag rounds to help build up the stamina iv got 1 in the house

7. Judah

Judah fights in tights

Any chance you could get one video footage and post it on here? It'd be great to see.

Good luck btw.

8. chris halkett

i think there probably will be video if It dosent make me look to bad il see what I can do haha

Judah likes this.
  9. Judah

Judah fights in tights

Just remember, win, lose no matter. You make good fight. - Mr Miyagi.

10. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

Good luck , Visualize the win - get your head right the body will follow

11. chris halkett

hay guys I got a bronze medal in my division but there was only 3 of u's in the division lol I went down and gave it everything I had and had an amazing time lots of expereiance and already sighned up for next year

james chin and Kuyaken like this.
  12. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

Congratulations for stepping up and fighting, you are part of a small percentage of people that actually have taken a fight. So we'll done. Just keep training focus on your strengths , look at what u did well and improve it because that is obviously what u naturally favor. Look at issues where u feel u can be better and work on that. We are all on this journey of learning. So keep it up

Kuyaken likes this.
  13. Kuyaken

Kuyaken Karate for the streets not just for trophies

Brilliant Well done. glad you enjoyed it and you feel fulfilled in your training, OSU

14. james chin

james chin expanding my martial skill

good job, be prepareed for ur next fight

15. chris halkett

thanks guys ye really enjoying my training I passed my yellow belt grading last night aswell so im loving the jujitsu life right now

16. Rangermed

Rangermed Initiate

Hey, great job! At this point, it's all about the experiences, not how you placed. Enjoy these early experiences. THIS is how you learn. I did my first tournament at 10 years of age, didn't even place in kata, or fighting, BUT I learned a LOT! Studied what I did wrong, what my opponents did RIGHT. Eventually, I was good enough to compete nationally, and won quite a few! This was back when protective equipment was at a bare minimum, and contact was expected and hard. Keep it up, don't get discouraged, and WATCH your competitors! Good luck!