Freedom of speech or antagonism for the sake of it?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Judah, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Judah

Judah fights in tights

Speech is the vocalised form of human communication.
    Vocalised: 1. To produce with the voice.
    2. To give voice to; articulate: vocalize popular sentiment.

A parade (also called march or marchpast) is a procession of people, usually organized along a street, often in costume, and often accompanied by marching bands, floats or sometimes large balloons.

You can clearly see the difference between speech and action, surely? Or are you saying that as they're both forms of communication they're the same thing?

2. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

I believe they're both lumped under "Freedom of Expression" ...

Red Australian and Enkidu like this.
  3. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

We don't actually have a 'Bill of Rights' here in Australia. So many Aussies think they have the right to freedom of speech, etc...
    But actually we don't. To many American movies for some kiddies growing up me thinks. Sadly a survey of high school students in 2005 showed that 1 in 10 thought that 911 was our emergency number for police, fire and ambulence.
    Allthough we have a constitution, we have no actual 'Bill of Rights' , just laws, endless piles and piles of laws...

4. Dave76

Did'nt do much for me that one. Their motion pictures 'Baseketball and Orgasmo' were funny as hell thou.

5. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Dave, but you have Bondi Beach and beer in really big cans...

6. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

And a lotta hot chicks too (who happen to love Americans)

7. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Well, that's what Bondi Beach and beer in big cans are for....

Enkidu likes this.
  8. Enkidu

Actually, I've gotten to "know" several women from the other side of the country... out in Perth (one of whom was a TV sports reporter if I recall correctly)

9. Dave76

I take it you did a few rounds down here as a marine?

One of those teaming hoards that invades our quiet little cities for a week, pillaging and fondling your way thru our beer and women! Walking around the streets in large groups hitting on anything in a skirt under the age of 25.....hhmmmm

All those countless weekends we would'nt bother going down to Freo because we knew you lot were in town and all the easy ones would be there with their knickers on a quick release system:mad:
    Those were the weekends we would get bored and go and start some shit just for the hell of it!
    Soooo.......it's kinda YOUR fault I used to get into so many fight when I was younger....

You helped make me the man I am today, cheers bro!:D

Enkidu likes this.
  10. Gone

Gone Guest

I really don't see the need for people to censor certain words or ideas. The idea of censorship is more dangerous than the things it is trying to stamp out. Why do people want to control the way I express myself or anyone? I mean, our ability to express ourselves the way we personally desire to on an individual basis is one of the fundamental things that make us human.

11. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Hey, if I ever win the lottery, I am paying for a trip to Bondi Beach and then we can spar with the guy who wanted a sparring partner after a few big beers and shrimps in the barbie....Honestly, I have met some really cool people here and would love to meet you guys!

12. Dave76

Cool, but here we call them prawns, Paul Hogans tourism add used shrimps so as to appeal to the American market. And you might wanna put them on the barbie, not in it:p
    Knit picking I know....

13. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Here prawns are large shrimps...

14. Dave76

I did not know that. There... you see, we do learn stuff on this site:D

15. Enkidu

Heh!!

Actually I've never been to Australia. But I live in Los Angeles and a lot of Australians come out here on vacation or are ex-Pats living here in the industry. There was a married couple in the industry that I befriended because they used to come to LA every 3-4 for months or so and would always come to drink at the bar that I was always at. They had money and had a place on Gold Beach and were always inviting me to come out and stay with them (and one of the selling points was how much Aussie women love American men). I am married now, but one of my regrets is that I never took them up on the offer back when I was single.

But fair is fair, and it is pretty clear that an Australian accent gets you pretty far in Los Angeles with American women, lol.

16. Enkidu

double post

17. Enkidu

Aussies know nothing about BBQ. If you want REAL BBQ, you need to go to the American South!

:p

18. Gone

Gone Guest

PPpppppppppPPPPpPPPPPPpPppPPPPPPffffffffffffffffffffffffffFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffTTTTTTTttttttttttTtTttTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTttttttttttttttttt

Dave76 likes this.
  19. Enkidu

Even the word "barbecue" comes from the Americas!!!

I win!!!

USA!!! USA!!!

Dave76 likes this.
  20. Gone

Gone Guest

This demands a cook off. Trade in your gi's for a cooking apron, and put down the fighting sticks in place of a pair of tongs.

LETS GO! MEET ME IN THE PARKING LOT NOW!!