Freedom of speech or antagonism for the sake of it?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Judah, Sep 20, 2012.

1. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

Criminal puhleeeeeeeze!!! This ain't even gonna be close. Here are a few of my cooks:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

BBQ and grilling is not the same thing...BBQ is slow. You BBQ ribs, but you grill a steak.

There are several types of BBQ in the US. Pork mostly, beef in Texas. Then you have different styles. Memphis BBQ, North Carolina BBQ, Georgia BBQ, St.Louis BBQ, yes I watch the Food Network! Some are vinegar based, others have a tomato base etc. All good!

Enkidu likes this.
  3. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Enkidu likes this.
  4. Enkidu

You watch it, I live it!

Top picture is Carolina-style BBQ'd ribs (vinegar style, there are actually 3 different distinct style of Carolina BBQ).

The second photo is Memphis style BBQ'd pulled pork.

The third pic is Texas BBQ'd brisket.

The fourth pic is smoked mac n' cheese with chorizo and bacon.

5. Enkidu

I built my own smoker, but actually I like using a 22" Weber One-Touch Gold more. It is the most versatile damned thing in the world. One of these days, I'll probably buy a 22" Weber Smokey Mountain. I might also build myself an ugly drum smoker out of a 55 gallon drum.

6. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Yeap on NC BBQ....I just had a BBQ sandwich for lunch with a bit of cole slaw in it in Milledgeville, Ga. today.

7. Enkidu

Interestingly, the most popular form of BBQ in the US is my least favorite type of BBQ -- Kansas City style tomato-based sweet BBQ. I much prefer either mustard or vinegar-based BBQ or dry Memphis-style BBQ.

8. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Check out the link I posted, if you want to cook a whole hog, there is no better way. I literally falls apart.

The trick is to roast the skin at the end so you can pick it off like pork rinds.

9. Enkidu

I am making some pulled pork this weekend for my parents (who are visiting). Next weekend there is a neighborhood BBQ. I am bringing either pulled pork or brisket and some ABTs (atomic buffalo turds -- bacon wrapped, cheese-stuffed, smoked jalapenos).

10. Enkidu

Yeah, I clicked it and bookmarked it!

You ever go to BBQ-Brethren.com?

11. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

You know if you take a pork shoulder and cook it for about 6 or 7 hours or so at 300 degrees in the oven with nothing but salt and you use a double pan so that you put some water on the bottom so that it steams the shoulder but the water does not touch the meat, it just comes out perfect. Flip it skin side up and broil it for about five minutes and the skin starts bubbling.....We are cooking one on Sunday.

12. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

No, but will check it out...

13. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

This box, the Caja China or Chinese Box was taken to Cuba by Chinese immigrants and they would cook pigs that way.

Then a Cuban family started building them in Miami and the rest is history.

Enkidu likes this.
  14. Enkidu

Boston Butt (pork shoulder) is about the most forgiving thing to BBQ. I have cooked it so many different ways -- with a water pan, without, low n' slow at 225, hot n' fast at 325, somewhere in between.... If you monitor the internal temp (I used the Maverick ET-732 which has a one probe for the meat and one for the grill temp and a remote so you can monitor the temp from in the house) and start probing for tenderness at about 185-190 degrees internal temp, it turns out well as long as you are patient.

I actually prefer not using a water pan though. I find that that adding a water pan takes away from getting a good bark and I love a good crisp bark. Pork shoulder has enough fat and is thick enough that there is really no chance of it drying out, even less of a chance if you brine it first.

15. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

I read this as you having been to Perth???

16. Dave76

My lunch today!

Lunch.jpg

12 Baby back ribs, marinated overnight in my own recipe , mixing Smokey BBQ sauce, worstershire, dark soy, sweetchilli and Japanese mirren, salt'n'pepper,etc, etc
    Slow cook for 3hrs at 160c , re-marinade and crank it up for half hr at 200c....
    Serve with juice from the pan:happy:

Oh yeah...that's right.....this Aussies an 8th dan BBQ'n master bitches!:p

( I hate to admit it, but truth is the average Aussie BBQ consists of sausages and steak burnt to charcoal outside , while still slightly raw in the middle, covered in so much sauce that you almost can't taste the crunchy bits of burnt charcoal....almost)

Enkidu likes this.
  17. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

Here I thought it was 3 pieces of burned meat and an apple pie that someone forgot on the BBQ ... :p

And LOL at ABTs! (y)

Enkidu likes this.
  18. Dave76

ABTs.....is that American BBQ Techniques:p

19. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

I think he said Atomic Buffalo Turds.

Of course it could also be American BBQ Technique, or All Bacon Tongues, or ...

Again, I should shut up. I'll be 'round later after I do my morning work-out. :cautious:

20. Dave76

I go that....was just teasing:D