FULL CONTACT

Discussion in 'Krav Maga' started by JIM, Jun 1, 2012.

1. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

:p

2. SteelKnee

SteelKnee Initiate

It depends on the injuries. I don't do Krav, but I practiced Krav for a while. When my team and I spar, we always have to have gloves and mouthguards, we do full contact with punches and kicks, however knees and elbows, are only 50% power.

Deborah likes this.
  3. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Hiya Steel Knee we do the same....full contact sparring involves getting properly kitted up, we even wear body armour too. But as I painfully found out,the armour only does so much....I remember back to when I first ever used body armour, I got a HUGE guy, the biggest in the gym to hit me in the stomach as hard as he could, hedid, I felt it......never asked anyone to do that ever again. Respects my new martial friend xXx

4. SteelKnee

SteelKnee Initiate

Any experience helps later on. Maybe when someone hits you in the stomach later on you wouldn't actually feel it because you felt something harder. I'm from Egypt, and we don't get much, if any good equipment here, so we go in with no kinds of armor on. I must say it does make us a lot tougher.
    Many greetings my fellow practitioner!

Deborah likes this.
  5. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

I do quite a lot of conditioning now I have learnd my lesson:eek: respects and love my new warrior friend. I look forward to reading your posts XXxxXX

6. Mr.Bond

Mr.Bond Big Ass Dog

Ivor Godley likes this.
  7. Soulpatch

Soulpatch Initiate

Sparring gloves and foot pads, nothing else but control. All areas are open to contact as well as takedowns and sweeps.

8. Vidadi

Vidadi www.jkd.az

In our Krav Maga classes we do full contact resistance drills with beginner students (minimum 1 month of training) and full contact sparring (similar to Kickboxing & MMA) with students who have minimum 3 monthes of training by our program. Here is some video of our pressure drill for beginers: