Gun Vs Knife

Discussion in 'General Martial Arts Discussions' started by cqcacademy, Nov 27, 2013.

?

Knife or Gun

1. Knife

53.8%
  2. Gun

46.2%
  1. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

Dave76 likes this.
  2. Jovan

Jovan Disciple

Once I inhaled the vapor of pepperspray, it was sprayed in a closed room. It didn't hurt but I had to cough a lot and it tickled.

3. Void_Karateka

Void_Karateka Pauper Karateka

When I went through basic they put us in a room, let off a pellet of CS and we had to take off our masks (after running round and getting nice and sweaty in a CRBN suit) and recite our name, number and why we joined the Army. I only got past my number before my face was on fire, my eyes, nose and mouth were streaming and I was coughing like a 60 a day smoker. Horrible stuff.

Jovan likes this.
  4. Master Fahy

Master Fahy Samurai

Inhaling pepper spray is really nothing compared to getting it sprayed directly in your eyes! It actually burns and makes your eyes tear up a lot.
    I went through this many of times in the Army as well. I was a Drill SSG. for 3 years. Master Fahy

Jovan likes this.
  5. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

Only way to defending yourself this if you do get sprayed is to blink your eyes as much as you can so you can see where your opponent is at.

I saw the video of it ... and couldnt find it ... that was like 7 years old on youtube.com ... it was like hardcore tactical boot camp

6. cqcacademy

cqcacademy Initiate

Well a lot of states have banned tasers for civilian use. However Master Ken is the truth! His axe kick is the second deadliest technique ever conceived. The most deadly is the hurticane.

7. cqcacademy

cqcacademy Initiate

Well a lot of states have banned tasers for civilian use. However Master Ken is the truth! His axe kick is the second deadliest technique ever conceived. The most deadly is the hurticane.

8. cqcacademy

cqcacademy Initiate

9. cqcacademy

cqcacademy Initiate

10. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

Whoa ... quadruple attacks !!!! !!!! !!!! !!!!

Dave76 likes this.
  11. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

Damn! I've seen plenty of double posts before, but never a quadruple! :LOL:

Sneaker likes this.
  12. Master Fahy

Master Fahy Samurai

He just liked my post a lot! Ha! Ha! Master Fahy

Sneaker likes this.
  13. Master Fahy

Master Fahy Samurai

Have any of you heard of John Keenan, aka... Count Dante, the deadliest man alive!

Attached Files:

14. Aaron

Aaron Shadow Warrior

Lmao... I almost forgot about him.

15. Master Fahy

Master Fahy Samurai

Frank Dux was linked to Count Dante! Master Fahy

16. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

I hear they bought a Buddhist Palm manual from a beggar and trained themselves to be martial artists?

Eric Dufurrena and Aaron like this.
  17. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

- 'Kung Fu Hustle'???

Aaron likes this.
  18. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

YES! I love the humor of that movie... the landlord woman who's power was screaming... lol.

Sneaker and Aaron like this.
  19. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

I agreed and this is my favorite part

Caneman likes this.
  20. Master of Nothing

Master of Nothing Psychotic Pacifist

Like a few already mentioned, it depends on the situation. I really can't say I have a favorite. So, I couldn't vote on this I own a couple guns. And am looking at getting an FFL to help others that aren't trained have a greater margin of defending themselves & loved ones. I usually don't carry them. Mainly, because I haven't gotten around to getting a concealed carry. I could open carry and sometimes I do. But, for the most part I really don't like to advertise.
    But, I always have a couple (or several) knives. Sure there's the Gibbs Rule. But, if anyone here is familiar with SG Atlantis. Ronin's Rule "There the one 'they' can find and the ones they can't. Usually, a tactical folder on the belt, couple of minis in the boots, some micro blades in parts of the clothing, maybe another 1 or 2 folders in my pockets, and of course a multi-tool and Swiss Army.
    In many instances a knife can be way more intimidating than a gun. Plus, the "doesn't run out of bullets" philosophy.
    As for the gun that does run out of bullets. We train to use the gun as a melee weapon. Both extended pistol whipping and rifle use.
    In either case, I use the "Condom Philosophy". It's better to have it and not need it. Than need it and not have it.

Clive Weaver likes this.