Here is your fresh meat

Discussion in 'Fresh Meat (Introduce Yourself)' started by Sneaker, Aug 16, 2013.

1. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

Hi my name is Chad and I am 43.11 years young fart, lives in Bowling Green KY ... studied tae kwon do, goju ryu, some kali sticks, self-defense ... planning to self-teaching and practice on hapkido, shotokan, jeet kune do and more self-defense ... I guess, I am an hybrid martial artist and my primary focus in order is 1) kata, 2) weapon 3) subdue, clean or dirty self-defense , then 4) sparring.

Anyone lives in or close by Bowling Green KY ?

Care to tell me alittle about yourself ?

(*bow*)
    Thank you.

Chad Webb

DeeD likes this.
  3. robert_nj

robert_nj Initiate

Chad good to meet you. How is TKD and Goju similar and different? Why are you planing on self-teaching Hapkido, Shotokan and JKD---how do you plan to self teach?

I have never been to KY what is something an outsider wouldn't know about the state?

4. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

I have found very good videos and on my quiet time ... I like to watch closely & study the movement as if I was there ... then I practice it like it is my workout (exercise) ... I have taking note base what I practice and learned ... Minamoto Tametomo is self taught artist in the hidden forest through his vision (saw on tv).

Tae Kwon Do is more defensive style, more legs work, excellent self-defense counter attack
    Goju Ryu is more offensive style, more hands work, excellent attacking movements

Hybrid it then becoming a balance fighter.

I love Korean style because it is so strong on basic movements/foundations/as well as strict discipline
    So I chose Korean hapkido over Japanese aikido which has more grabbing brutal counter attacks and a form of self-defense that employs joint locks that allows to me subdue the attacker without face bashing, instead of doing judo hip/leg throw style on the roughest asphalt.

Shotokan is probably the cleanest, directive and straight movements with strong pivot/hip/legs/foot rotations on the katas

Jeet Kune do have no style but it has a strong philosophy of life founded by martial artist bruce lee with direct, non-classical, and straightforward movements along with minimal movement with maximum effect and extreme speed which can be applies on any martial arts style to make it more effective, faster, meaner, etc.

Traditional Styles are fantastic and deserve huge credits and respects for creating lots of martial arts

Do you realize that you are on the internet and hungry for information ? That is because things got better

So the modern or hybrid martial arts is getting better and more effective than traditional but it came from traditional, so respect and thankful for that just like we respect Thomas Edison for inventing the light bulb and today's light bulb just got better.

I despise instructors who watery down and moved down to 'profitable & comfort zone' and allowing students to be remaining victim rather than survivor on this evil world we live in. Many students DOES NOT KNOW this "watery down/ripping off/easily get beat up/comfort zone" style and that is the paid instructors' responsibilities for that and most likely only care is the money, not human being called life.

I do not know if I am planning to create equal balance (movement on both left and right) hybrid martial art style because I feel most style works more on one side, left or right more than right or left but never has been not equal ... another word, jujitsu's arm bar lock practice BOTH side ... I write with my right hand but kinda I wish I did practice my left as much my right hand if I lose or unable to use my right hand, therefore, a great back up plan.

Why I love about martial arts ... it is a journey with no ends until I die :)

5. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

This statement alone explains a sneaking suspicion that I've had. My Spidey sense is tingling. You're definitely not BSC because you actually know how to use basic grammar skills. Though I have to ask.... have you by chance practiced GSP Rush Fit?

DeeD, RJ Clark and Sneaker like this.
  6. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

BSC ? Bat Shit Crazy ? (http://abbreviations.wordcrow.com/define/BSC/)
    Georges St-Pierre work out ? (I had to look it up) I have seen it on tv (infomercial) ...
    ... No, I have not, but I did few time on shaun t workout ... soaked sweat !

I just watch GSP work out Round 5 video ... it looks like they are cheating the moves like give it a push to make it easier to lift ... and is there something else I do not know about it ?

p.s. basic grammer ... I am hard of hearing with excellent lipreading ... yes I do hear sounds/words but not clearly understanding what been said without lipreading ... I was "I could not understand you" kid until went to www.cid.edu in 1984 & 1985 ... Best school ever ! I am able to interact with the real world with my "speaking well" than just hiding inside sign language deaf cultures. CID is forbidden to sign language inside that school. No wonder I speak so well but grammer still need works :)

this one looks fun to practice on :)

7. Aaron

Aaron Shadow Warrior

LMAO.

BSC (Bat Shit Crazy) is a member, or past member haven't seen him for a while, "Bat Shit Crazy" is his member name... for good reason. It seems to be used as an adjective around here by some of the long term members.

Be warned those of us that have been here for a while probably would be classified as crazy by most people doctors/psychologists :D

Sneaker likes this.
  8. Bad Karma

Bad Karma Warrior Monk

If you'd quite switching my meds with yours, we might , just might, get away with more crap!!! o_O

Aaron and Sneaker like this.
  9. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

(laughing) Oops. Where is MattCMMA at now ? I need my medicine now ... I meant, answer to BSC. :ROFLMAO:

10. Bad Karma

Bad Karma Warrior Monk

Watching Fight Night like I am.

MattCMMA likes this.
  11. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

what channel (tv channel name)

12. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

I found it ... FOX Sport HD channel (FS1HD) ... Thank you.

13. Bad Karma

Bad Karma Warrior Monk

14. daniel Mccullough

daniel Mccullough Advanced beginner

Hi Chad I'm Daniel. Self-teaching Shotokan isn't advised. It's so much better to learn it from a practitioner. If you self-teach then you will build bad habits.

15. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

I appreciated that but will you mind to explain "bad habits"