Seems like at least once or twice a year you hear about a story like this. Anyone with better info than what's here, please feel free to chip in. Although details are sketchy at best, fact is 4 men broke into this guys home while his fiancé and young child were home and then set about trying to assault him. He fought off all 4 attackers, killing one in the process.......and now he might be looking at criminal homicide charges??? Seems to be conflicting stories out there, some say he fought with them before on new years, others that he never met them before, but does that really matter? Second they forced their way into his home, with his family right there....all bets are off surely? Would he be facing charges if he had used a gun and shot them? Sadly, probably not. Is he facing unjust scrutiny because he is a "Cage Fighter" and stabbed one of them to death and put two more into hospital? I know it's to soon to really do anything but speculate, until more details are released, but this does seem to be a case of the classic - 'Better to be tried by 12, than buried by 6.' Couldn't get the video to embed, but here's the link. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=GFnpEgxbTEQ And a paste from BJPENN.com below. 27-year-old professional MMA fighter Joseph Torrez has made international news when he defends his home from four men who broke in early on New Year’s Day. Of the four men who invaded the house, one died on the scene, another was hospitalized and two more were arrested. It seems now that Torrez could be charged with homicide. By Christopher Murphy @MurphMMA The news of Joseph Torrez’ ordeal has made headlines. Torrez’ home was invaded on New Year’s Day, and the 27-year-old MMA fighter successfully fought off his attackers. Of the four suspects, one was found dead on the scene, another was sent to the hospital and two more were arrested. Now, a New Mexico attorney is preparing for the possibility that Torrez be charged with homicide. The Las Cruces Sun-News covered the case: A Las Cruces attorney Sunday started an online campaign in support of Joseph Torrez. The 27-year-old construction worker and mixed martial arts fighter reportedly fought four gang members on New Year’s Day after they forced their way into his home on King James Avenue near the community of Doña Ana, according to court documents and Torrez’s attorney, C.J. McElhinney. In his initial post on the “Support Joe Torrez” Facebook page, McElhinney wrote: “Unfortunately, I think we are at the beginning of a very long fight. Please know that I have advised Joe to make no statements of any kind until this situation is resolved. He is reading all of your posts and truly appreciates your support.” McElhinney said he advised Torrez to stop cooperating with the Doña Ana County Sheriff’s Office late last week during an interview with investigators. Initially, McElhinney said, investigators had called it a self-defense case.