Hi! Anyone from the greater Seattle area here?

Discussion in 'Fresh Meat (Introduce Yourself)' started by lonerider9, Jul 26, 2013.

1. lonerider9

lonerider9 You only live once

Hey guys,

I am looking for someone with arnis or kickboxing background to train and spar with on a weekly bases. Would also consider getting someone fit and motivated up to speed if motivated to learn these arts. I am not an expert yet, but like everyone else here a constant learner.

I own a small cross training gym in Maple Valley outside of Seattle and want to work on my technique before I get any more rusty!

If you are interested lets talk more!

Attached Files:

2. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

G'day lonerider9, what a wonderfully ironic name, considering your request.;)

Welcome to the forum and good luck with your hunt.

MattCMMA likes this.
  3. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

Welcome to the forum and best of luck finding training partner/s for weapons. Have you tried speaking to any local LEO's? This can be an easy way to get the word out to a lot of people that may be receptive to training with you and already have some exposure to FMA techniques & tactics.

MattCMMA likes this.
  4. lonerider9

Thanks RJ! Have a quick question, what are you referring to by "LEO's"?

5. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

Law Enforcement Officer. This can include state and local police, sheriff dept, and corrections officers, etc. You can also think outside the box a bit and speak to security officers and bouncers who may wish to have FMA training or improve on that which they already know.

MattCMMA likes this.
  6. lonerider9

Ahh gotcha! That is a great idea. Thanks again!

RJ Clark likes this.
  7. thegerm78

thegerm78 Initiate

Check with the Cadenilla Eskrima Group through Facebook or their website, I believe they have a group near Seattle.

8. lonerider9

That was a great lead! Thanks Kan!

9. thegerm78

thegerm78 Initiate

No problem, keep training!