hi im michael

Discussion in 'Taekwondo' started by michael mckenna, Jul 30, 2013.

1. michael mckenna

michael mckenna Grasshoppa

im michael mckenna i train in global taekwondo federation taekwondo scotland. i plan to have a competition career that can turn into a pro career over time after i compete in taekwondo and kickboxing competitions my main goal is to fight in k1 and pro taekwondo. i have a youtube channel to help my popularity and get myself well known i have a video on youtube of me competing in my first world championships i won 2 bronze. my video is called taekwondo sparring match GTF WORLD TAEKWONDO CHAMPIONSHIPS and my channel name is GTFTAEKWONDO STUDENT but it may get changed to my normal name. if anyone is interested in heping me become known check out my video and if you like it and see potential subscribe and like. i also have a twittter acount under the name GTF MCKENNA so you can follow me if you dont have a youtube account

3. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

Welcome Michael, God luck with your fighting career

Sneaker likes this.
  4. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

Welcome! Can you post a link of one of your videos, I actually looked for you on youtube but found only skateboarding videos...:whistle:
    I got curious about the GTF taekwondo..

michael mckenna likes this.
  5. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

Have you entered any "oriental" or standard ring fight orientated fights yet, I would suggest if k1 is the route you want to go to, get into that way of competing as soon as possible. Very different to the stop/start style of competing, Good luck on your journey

Sneaker likes this.
  6. michael mckenna

hey thanks guys for the kind words. i wanted to post a link but it wont allow me to post links until i post more threads but if you look on facebook for the page michael mckenna GTF taekwondo student there are a few videos on there of me one sparring video at the GTF world championships and a pattern video at the same event that i didnt know was taken until recently. thanks for your support i am competing again in febuary at a kyokushin knockdown competition so will have videos of that if i win or lose and also wako scottish kickboxing championships the month after

7. Kitkatninja

Kitkatninja Initiate

Welcome to this corner of the interweb :)

Cool, I'll check out your competition vids.

8. Ninja_Lee

Ninja_Lee Initiate

Good luck with it all Michael! Posting your training and any fight footage online can be a great way to stay motivated.

michael mckenna likes this.
  9. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

Welcome, Sir Michael ... Wish you the best success on your fighting goal.
    If it does not works, go around it ;)

10. arron butler

arron butler Fist of Fury

Good Luck Micheal, And welcome To BBF.

11. michael mckenna

thank you for posting this for me

12. robert_nj

robert_nj Initiate

Great to meet you Mike!

13. Anybody

Anybody Initiate

Michael,

I watched the video, and have to say I was real impressed with your composure. You didn’t get over-hyped or overly reactive to your opponent. Looked to me you were finding strategic opportunities to score in a thoughtful and deliberate manner.

Best of luck to you. You ,may not have gotten the result you wanted in that particular match, but if you keep up with training I think you will hold your own. Personally, I always like systematic fighters....

14. michael mckenna

thanks very much for saying that sir yeh im a strategist my instructor told me doesnt matter if you are not as skilled or as fit as your opponent just be smarter so he taught me to figure out a persons good and weak points in a very short time. as soon as he rushed forward i knew he was not a kicker as was plainly obvious in the video lol . thank you very much for your support