Holy Crap Man! The Beard has left the Dojo....

Discussion in 'News' started by Dave76, Mar 21, 2013.

1. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

A REQUIEM FOR CHUCK NORRIS'S BEARD

March 20, 2013, 4:03 pm Mike Krumboltz, editing by Yahoo!7 staff Yahoo!7
    We are gathered here today to remember one of Hollywood's greatest treasures: Chuck Norris's beard.
    [​IMG]
    What the Chuck? Credit: TMZ
    The well-trimmed facial hair lived a long and butt-kicking life during its decades-long existence on Norris'sface. Now -- sadly -- the beard is no more.

We were first alerted to the shocking news by TMZ. The gossip site ran a photo -- presumably recent -- of Norris enjoying the great outdoors without his beard's company.
    Is Norris, 73, going through a first-quarter-life crisis? Can Chuck still intimidate man, woman, and inanimate object without his world-famous facial hair? Well, of course he can. He's Chuck Norris. But one shouldn't discount the beard's contribution to the man's success.
    [​IMG]
    A new meme for Chuck Norris's beard? GALLERY: Top Celeb Memes
    Indeed, over the course of his butt-kicking career, Norris has kept his enemies close, but his beard closer.

It was there to help defeat Joe Piscopo in "Sidekicks." It stood strong while Norris knocked over numerous trouble-makers in "Walker, Texas Ranger." And, most recently, the beard gave a stirring performance in "Expendables 2" opposite Stallone's muscles, Willis's smirk, and Van Damme's hairline.
    But now the beard is gone. It has left the dojo. But something tells us it will be back. Like a dyed-blonde panther it waits, ready to reappear when we least expect it.

3. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

Not the absence of the beard that is of primary issue. The glasses and the sleeveless shirt are the primary issue.

4. Dave76

He was the last of the good old action era guys to maintain that mystique of never ageing. Albeit behind 3' of hedge growing on his face, but still!
    So, here it is, the sad sorry truth....even the all mighty Chuck is finally proven mortal afterall:(

As someone who's fashion sense hasn't evolved from the late 80's, early 90's......I don't know what you mean:cautious:

dmach, SifuPhil and Caneman like this.
  5. Locutus

Locutus Your fight is futile, my hands are pounding you!

Hah! I was going to report this but was beaten to it :)

Caneman likes this.
  6. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

I couldn't agree with you more on that point.:D

Caneman likes this.
  7. JesterX

JesterX Disciple

Say it isn't so, not Chuck!

Ivor Godley likes this.
  8. Eric Dufurrena

Eric Dufurrena The Iron Fist of Fun

WHERE IS THE FIST?!?

dmach, SifuPhil and Locutus like this.
  9. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

Wouldn't you like to know!!

10. Void_Karateka

Void_Karateka Pauper Karateka

Am I the only person who's noticed he's also got mega hairy arms? Maybe the beard wasn't shaved, it just had a move around for a bit.

Dave76 and Locutus like this.
  11. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

True... considering that there is no knife sharp enough to cut Chuck's hair, he may have simply scared it to a new location.

Void_Karateka and Charlay Atkins like this.
  12. JesterX

JesterX Disciple

That's not funny man, my hairs been migrating from the top of my head to my chest and shoulders for years.:confused:

In fact if the migration downward continues I'll have the feet to shame any hobbit in a few years.

13. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

That's nothing, mine has finally migrated to my ass.:cry:

SifuPhil, Dave76, Locutus and 2 others like this.
  14. JesterX

JesterX Disciple

Yea, but can you braid it?

15. Locutus

I can :(

16. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

Yep all the way down to my ankles if I want.:ROFLMAO:

17. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

Wow. I'm ... aghast.

My hairy idol has fallen. Now I'll have to find a new hairy idol that kicks ass ...

[​IMG]

Aaron, Enkidu, Locutus and 1 other person like this.
  18. Dave76

La Grange - one of the best songs of all time!

19. Locutus

I saw them live in Oz. Great band.

20. doyoubjj.com

doyoubjj.com Initiate

I opened the thread thinking it was about some dude at your gym or something. Then I read the title and looked at the pic. Didn't even recognize the Chuckster. I thought it was some female triathlete or marathon runner.

21. Void_Karateka

Void_Karateka Pauper Karateka

I'll stick with fictional hairy idols. Gimli all the way man.

dmach likes this.