How Can Black Belt Forums Be Improved?

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Kevin, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Yeah let's get this thread back on track :):)

I have another question for all of you guys. Obviously, we cannot allow XXX photos here, but do you think we should allow images of women in bikinis etc.

We have many members who view the forum close to family members etc, therefore such images may put them in an uncomfortable position. Alternatively, should risque images remain, should they remain in a particular room, or should a warning be apended to threads with images on it.

I don't have a family, so this is not a big issue for me, however I appreciate that certain images may be inappropriate for certain members.

2. Eric Dufurrena

Eric Dufurrena The Iron Fist of Fun

Scantily clad babes is a touchy issue, you don't really know how everyone is going to feel. My opinion, I don't really come here for that (not that I mind them, though) as this is a martial arts forum, and I think since we are trying to be all-inclusive, girls might be offended and the young might get in trouble. As it is, I just pretty much ignore threads about barely dressed women on this forum, as they seem a bit immature.

Dave76 and Kevin like this.
  3. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback Eric. :)

Eric Dufurrena likes this.
  4. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

You're damn right it's a touchy issue. Every time they're around and you get touchy the bouncer's or boyfriend's don't like it in the slightest...no matter how much you've had to drink. :-p [ You know what I'm talking about Eric. :-p Spring Break = Lake Tahoe = Win ]

Back on topic. I say allow it, and just request members that are posting such things to throw a NSFW [Not Safe For Work] in the title of the post itself. This will help any of those who could get in trouble for viewing it, to avoid it.

5. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

While I agree with you Matt on this, sometimes a post will take an unexpected turn and an image could be placed in a thread that originally didn't have one. In this instance I don't think that would help. Just a thought peeps.(y)

Eric Dufurrena and MattCMMA like this.
  6. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

Hot chicks in bikinis = win!

Kevin, MattCMMA and Charlay Atkins like this.
  7. Locutus

Locutus Your fight is futile, my hands are pounding you!

Just to be a devils advocate there should be no reason not to post guys in speedo's for the female and or some male members. Different strokes for different folks right? And you never know. Some female members might even prefer the girls in bikinis too.

Dave76 and Kevin like this.
  8. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

God I hope so.

Charlay Atkins, Locutus and MattCMMA like this.
  9. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I can't think of many regular female members we have just now. We only have one or two. We really need to address that. Maybe we need to get Bat Shit Crazy to strip down to his speedos and dance for the ladies.

10. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

Or I could do that for you.:sneaky: I mean for the ladies, for a small fee of course.;)

Kevin likes this.
  11. MattCMMA

MattCMMA Master

That would be the most EPIC video ever made. My Unicorn [ Currently in training camp] will definitely be making it in THAT video. I mean what more could a chick ask for? Some skinny ,uncoordinated sword slinger in his speedo's, all while a Unicorn of epicness flying around shitting skittles...

Chick's fuckin love unicorn's.

Enkidu and Charlay Atkins like this.
  12. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

haha well get the suggestions in. I'm sure there's someone out there who will do that for us for $5. The weirder/funnier, the better.

13. Locutus

Puts hand up. For a fiver I would do it twice (currency exchange for Turkish Lira :). That is, if you like watching pink jello wobble around like it's in a cat 5 earthquake.:couchpotato::wtf:

SifuPhil, Kevin and Charlay Atkins like this.
  14. Charlay Atkins

Charlay Atkins Samurai

We want to attract them, not put them off. The thread says how can we improve BBF, not kill it off.:ROFLMAO:

Locutus likes this.
  15. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

So, what about an open competition, non members, lurkers and regulars, everyone and anyone, to see who can come up with the funniest video impersonation of bsc's famous sword moves?

Bikinis or speedo's optional ;)

Judah and Kevin like this.
  16. Eric Dufurrena

Eric Dufurrena The Iron Fist of Fun

Yes! A competition! Winner gets membership to BBF for FREE!!

17. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

I've been thinking about this thread and have come up with a few possible income-generating ideas ...

1. BBF Magazine:
    magazinee6285db06e8af6a80693b4045c2228e6bc8970f7.jpg

2. Member Trading Cards:
    deck506d208430674329e763b39692e8f57521c7e734.jpg

3. The BBF Movie:
    poster7038e004b8ab30350ec27b703b7e2d54c70c00d5.jpg

4. Jigsaw Puzzles:
    jigsawa645b52d2c5ff4c1f313ceb944b09fd9e89a680f.jpg

Dave76, Kevin, MattCMMA and 2 others like this.
  18. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

hahahaha that is frickin hilarious. I think the best thing we can do is clone SifuPhil.

Charlay Atkins likes this.
  19. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

And I just took delivery of the Fiverr gig ...

Dave76 likes this.
  20. Locutus

Er, yeah, right o_O

SifuPhil likes this.