How much of this do you do?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Dave76, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

3. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

Id feel at home training with these guys (y)

4. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

That is cool ... only if I have the time and money ... lots of money ... money buys time to allow me to train more.

5. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

Of all of those actions... I can truly say there are only two of them I don't do.
    - I don't lift that heavy any more when it comes to weights.
    - We don't do the "flex your abs and let your partner punch you there" bit.

If I were 15-20 years younger, I probably would still have the above two in my regime.

Eric Dufurrena likes this.
  6. Dave76

:LOL: yeah , I hear that.

I definitely don't go superman over tyres, but then I flip mine in a rocky paddock full of prickles and weeds.
    And all though I've been working to get my flexibility back to what it was 15-20 yrs ago, I'm still a fair way off of doing the full splits with a leg up on someone's shoulder.

7. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

I don't have the split flexibility I used to... but my straddle is still full... so all axes, hammers and front kicks still travel to a good 6" over my own head (i.e. - knee to chest).

8. Rugratzz

Rugratzz Initiate

Could you post a direct link not through fake book. Some of us don't use it.

RR

9. Caneman

Caneman Test all things.

Sorry... split/straddle dyslexia... should have read this way... as corrected above^

Dave76 likes this.
  10. Dave76

Sorry, that was just where I saw the link first. Here's the two videos they have on youtube. Their channel is called 'instructionalweekly'.

This is the first one I posted above.

And this is what I just found going to their youtube channel.

Sneaker likes this.
  11. Rugratzz

Rugratzz Initiate

Great thanks

12. Jovan

Jovan Disciple

Nice training, at my TKD club we do some of these excersices like the 'flex and punch' thing. I dont do pushing a lot of weight, I prefer doing a small amount of weight but do it a lot of times.

13. Dave76

I don't know man, for me at least, having really just started lifting heavy, back and front squats, bench press and of course doing some Olympic style lifts, in the last year this has really been a bit of 'Fountain of Youth' type discovery.

Example - Summer down here in Aus at the moment, at the local pools literally just the other day with the family and as usual me and the boy have a 'Bombey' competition. For you non Aussies unfamiliar with that term, simply meaning who can make the biggest splash on purpose.
    Anyhow, for the first time since I was a teenager, I pulled off a full backflip bombey, i.e- balls of foot on edge of pool, full back flip to enter feet first and make one knee to chest, other leg out style bombey.
    I am completely 100% certain that my heavy squats training in particular regained me this ability that I took for granted when just a kid.
    I know that that has nothing to do with MA, but hey, not everything is about MA...:eek:

Highlight of that moment was getting out of the pool and seeing the missus getting teased by her friends for her fella out classing the youngling's.

Did I strut a little.........yes........................yes I did:cool:.

RJ Clark and Jovan like this.