Humphf, where are my fellow JKD enthusiasts??

Discussion in 'Jeet Kune Do' started by Deborah, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

safe_image.gif 1.jpg th_bruce_lee-3.gif

As most will know from my posts in the forum one of the arts I study is Jeet Kune Do!! Please tell me there is more than just me that practices JKD. One of my greatest loves in life is sharing knowledge, hearing your views, quotes and even Bruce Lee's philosophies on Jeet Kune Do!! So come on guys where are you....I'm waiting to share. All my love, peace and respects,rei XXxxXX

Blade Maker likes this.
  3. BHRobin

BHRobin Disciple

Sigh...I'd like to take it along with TKD, but there are no classes anywhere near me. Can I count as a wanna-be? ;-)

Deborah likes this.
  4. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Can I ask where you aer from my martial friendo_O?? Peace,love and respects

Blade Maker likes this.
  5. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

Not a practitioner but absolutely influenced and inspired by him.
    I have a few of his shorter quotes that inspire me memorized (or I can at least paraphrase them)

One should have good balance in motion and not in stillness.
    A fighter must sense rather than perceive his chance to hit.
    Never strike an opponent with just your fist - you strike him with your whole body.
    Hits and feints should appear to be the same.

That and his emphasis on rhythm, broken rhythm, cadence, etc all had/have a positive effect.

Blade Maker and Deborah like this.
  6. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Oooooft what gorgeous quotes my fellow warrior, many thanx for your great reply it is appreciated:D.....respects xxXXxx

Blade Maker likes this.
  7. Sam Philpott

Sam Philpott Initiate

Hey deborah. I train in JKD under a friend of yours i believe..Sifu Charles Mcgibney. Will we see u at Tommy Carruthers Bournemouth seminar? X

Deborah likes this.
  8. Sam Philpott

Sam Philpott Initiate

If your interested in some views on Jkd...check out the SouthCoast JKD facebook group. Im always posting my thoughts as they appear in my mind on that page lol. Im always at it. X

Deborah likes this.
  9. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Wowzers such a small world thru the internet!! I am honoured to meet you my fellow JKD Warrior, peace and respects xxxXXxxx

Sam Philpott likes this.
  10. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

I will do Sam I shall put it in my favourites immediately. Thanx so very much for your reply, truly appreciated;)!! Oh and welcome to the Black Belt Forum Sam!!.....respects xxxXXxxx

11. Sam Philpott

Sam Philpott Initiate

Thanks honey. My first post i made on the discussion 'Are gradings important' was recieved well i think....i thought about it a lot as i wrote it...lol. Hope to share sum more thoughts soon! X

Deborah likes this.
  12. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Me too Sam, can't wait to read your thoghts on the site....repects xxxXXxxx

13. BHRobin

BHRobin Disciple

I'm down here in Alabama. Surely you've detected a Suthern accent off my e-mails? ;)

Deborah likes this.
  14. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

No, sorry I didn't, did you tell that I was Scottish lolo_O?? ....respects BH Robin. xxXXxxXXxx

15. DSMartialArts

DSMartialArts Initiate

I just started studying JKD on my own with help of some DVD's from Chinatown JKD.

Deborah likes this.
  16. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Woohoo my friend:D!! Good luck on your journey my keen JKD student. Thanx for replying to the thread it is appreciated Dave!! Nice to hear from you again...peace, love and resects xxXXxx

17. Aaron Hutto

Aaron Hutto Master

I wish! The closest I have come is Wing Chun. There is actually a school in the town that my school is in that teaches JKD, Kali AND Silat. I would love to train there in all three styles but thier classes are at the same times that mine are.

18. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

On reading Bruce Lee's philosophies, I came across this on JKD.......

For security, the unlimited living is turned into something dead, a chosen pattern that limits. To understand Jeet Kune Do, one ought to throw away all ideals, ptterns, styles; in fact, he should throw away even the concepts of what is or isn't ideal in Jeet Kune Do. Can you look at a situation without naming it? Naming it, making it a word, causes fear.

defaultCAAOE5P8.jpg Anata no daisuke desu, with my love, your humble Kunoichi, your humble Lady Warrior.....respects,rei xxXXxx

19. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

For security, the unlimited living is turned into something dead, a chosen pattern that limits. To understand Jeet Kune Do, one ought to throw away all ideals, ptterns, styles; in fact, he should throw away even the concepts of what is or isn't ideal in Jeet Kune Do. Can you look at a situation without naming it? Naming it, making it a word, causes fear.

View attachment 116 Anata no daisuke desu, with my love, your humble Kunoichi, your humble Lady Warrior.....respects,rei xxXXxx

20. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

View attachment 116 Anata no daisuke desu, with my love, your humble Kunoichi, your humble Lady Warrior.....respects,rei xxXXxx

21. Deborah

Deborah Ninja