I feel like I've been Krav Maspanned ...

Discussion in 'Krav Maga' started by Aaron Hutto, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

o_O I was'nt kidding. May not be what we think of as a kilt today, but the Egyption battle kilt is well documented, they called it a 'shendyt' It was worn by warriors and pharohs.
    https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...v&sa=X&ei=_Fc2UMyCFOqZiAePgYHoBQ&ved=0CD8QsAQ

As for beer, I thought that was pretty comman knowlage.
    And lots of cultures have variations of bagpipes, the Scots just made them famous.
    http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&r...UkEeTH6ed0tNM9P6w&sig2=_KlzP4fzQPRPSJF9tXzSKA
    I do have history books with all this in ofcourse, but to save the hassle of making a pdf copy...Google!

Judah likes this.
  2. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I'm claiming Whisky for Scotland. You can't take that off us!!! :)

Dave76 likes this.
  3. Dave76

4. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

I assume you are referring to the Scotti, who inhabited the north of ireland and the western part of Scotland. Their kingdom was eventually called Dal Riata and the vast majority of it was in modern day Scotland, though a small part was in Northern Ireland. I know about Dal Riata well as it's the name of my friends amateur football team (which he created). All of the kingdom of the picts came together to form Alba, which is the gaelic term for Scotland.

It's not a big issue for me anyways as my heritage is half scottish and half irish (hence my Irish Surname etc). Going back one hundred years all my fathers side of the family were from Ireland. We're all cut from the same cloth.

SifuPhil likes this.
  5. Master Fahy

Master Fahy Samurai

Well Kevin, I'm Irish and Native American (Seneca)and then on my mothers side, we're O'connor's. Master Fahy

Kevin likes this.
  6. Dave76

7. Dave76

Or tartan in this case:D

Kevin likes this.
  8. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

Two of my best friends are O'Connors. It's a common Irish name :)

haha quality. I really should have seen that one coming :p

9. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

Beer predates the Egyptians, actually. It goes back to 6-7,000 years ago to Persia, Mesopotamia and the fertile crescent from what I understand.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_beer

10. Kevin

Kevin Admin Staff Member

homer-beer.png

Dave76 and Enkidu like this.
  11. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Lucky Cat Is Lucky

Man! The things you learn on BBF!

My sporran is swingin' a little higher now that I've learned all this ... (y)

12. Vidadi

Vidadi www.jkd.az

Krav Maga is Combat non sport MMA for Combatives & Self-Defense. It is not a martial art as kung fu styles, it is about modern tactics, techniques, combat psychology related to how survive (not to fight or win) in modern day realistic agressive physical confrontation. I hope you like one of my videos: