I need you advice my fellow enthusiasts.........

Discussion in 'Strength Training' started by Deborah, Jun 3, 2012.

1. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

;)Thankyou so very much for your reply...I'll do this exercise SLOWLY Andrew, love, peace and respect my friend xxXXxx

2. Aaron

Aaron Shadow Warrior

I agree with the swimming part. I had a friend that was in a severe car accident, thy had to rebuild(or fuse) 3 of his discs together... he was on morphine for about 4 months. He said that swimming, even floating around in a pool helped, it kept him from going crazy staring at the ceiling, and kept his spirits up, made him feel like he was gaining some headway. Took him 9 months to get out of the hospital and another year after that to walk with a cane. He's able to walk now, but he said he would have went crazy if it wouldn't have been for the swimming. Doctors didn't think he would make it through the first month, let alone walk with a cane and be able to pick up his 2 year old.

Have you thought about doing some stick work from sitting in a chair? I know it's not ideal, but with a light pair of sticks and a comfortable chair, you should be able to at least go slowly through some forms and drills with very light level of speed and force, and not put to much strain on your back. or even do it while lying down on the floor.

I would also ask for another opinion... there is always another way.

Just with anything you do remember to be patient and do things slowly, it takes time to recover from back injuries.

Deborah likes this.
  3. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Aaaaw Aaron my true friend. That was a gorgeous reply....many thanx. I will heed your advice and start the swimming toot sweet....As for the weapon training I do with everything and anything.......right down to my knife and fork!! I have stared with light stick work too, with my spine supporton. All my love, peace and respects Aaron XXxxXXxxXX

4. Aaron

Aaron Shadow Warrior

If your body is in too much pain do research into the arts...

I was down for 4 months about 8 years ago from a work related frost bite injury (all toes and fingers had 1 to 2nd degree frost bite damage, think pain of 2nd degree burn), it hurt to walk, every time I breathed I could feel my toes and fingers throb for the first week. After that I started my recovery. Bought, borrowed, books on martial arts, almost anything I could get my hands on, and read them, inbetween hunting for a better job, accident happened more do to the boss' lack of safety/common sense.

Point is training is more than just working on the techniques; do some research, work on it if your body allows you (slowly), and keep moving forward 1 baby step at a time.:)

Deborah likes this.
  5. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Ooooft the frost bite sounded painfull:eek:!! Thanx for the informative reply it is highly appreciated, I will heed your advice, my good friend!! P.S. Keep those hands and toes warm!!...all my love and respect XxXxXxX

6. Aaron

Aaron Shadow Warrior

Painfull to the point of almost blacking out the first few days:oops:! Something as simple as making lunch turned into a painful experience. It healed up pretty good, didn't loose any fingers or toes, acts up every once in a while, my grip on tools will just randomly loosen if I am not using them, but it's gotten vary rare. Acts up a bit when it gets -35C or lower, but that's to be expected, and normal from what the doctor told me.

Deborah likes this.
  7. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Oooooh BRRRRRR :eek:

8. Blade Maker

Blade Maker Master

Yoga, vinyasa slow flow yoga, though the yogi may suggest sakitsa wich is more stationary.

Deborah likes this.
  9. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Thanx sooooo very much for the informative reply, my warrior swordsman, it has been duly noted;).......respects and peace my friend XXxxXX

10. khan farzal

khan farzal Initiate

you know what ,
    my SENSEI broke his right leg while playing KABADDI ! ! ! ! ! :(
    his knee gets dislocated frequently !!! :(

and he also 3 slip discs at present :(

both of these injuries reside in his body for about 8 years so far !!!!!!
    and still he continues to teach KARATE and KICKBOXING :)

don't know from where did he get this superb perseverence :rolleyes:

HE'S ONE OF A KIND

Deborah likes this.
  11. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

As are you my friend XXxxXX

12. Sensei Martin

Sensei Martin Warrior Monk

Hi

I am assuming it is your lower back that is the issue. Confirm with your doctor, but I would suggest strengthening your abs to take some of the pressure off your back. Even pelvic thrusts are good, ad should be easy to do. If you are able to, do some light and slow good morning exercises using only a bo, hockey or broom stick. Also - work on light mobility work, and stretching your hamstrings.

Martin

Blade Maker and Deborah like this.
  13. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Thanx for taking the time to reply it is really appreciated Sensei, I look forward to your future posts....peace, love and respects my martial friend XXxxXX

14. kravmaga40

kravmaga40 Initiate

Have you looked into kettlebell training great for strengthening the posterior chain, Just a suggestion ;)

15. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Oooooft holy feck Kravmaga......not just after a spinal op I think I may leave that idea for the moment!! Thanx anyway for your reply it is really appreciated my new martial warrior:DXXxxXX

kravmaga40 likes this.
  16. kravmaga40

kravmaga40 Initiate