INMATES FIGHT OUTSIDERS IN HIGH-SECURITY PRISONS IN THAILAND FOR MONEY AND SHORTER SENTENCES!

Discussion in 'Muay Thai' started by DeeD, Dec 16, 2013.

1. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

Jovan and Dave76 like this.
  3. Jovan

Jovan Disciple

Im not sure if I think I like this or not...

Pedro likes this.
  4. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

its completely bizarre that they even get to train in prison, imagine being the guy standing in front of a shorter sentence, crazy

5. Jovan

Jovan Disciple

yeah true but the prisoners can do something in stead of fighting each other or something

6. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

This is fun! But I'm sure I don't like it.
    The fighting culture in Thailand is pretty brutal. A lot of people fight profesionally there for very little money, in terrible conditions... even children.
    They fight so roughly and so restless that they have to retire with like.. less than 30 years old o_O

Jovan and Aaron like this.
  7. Jovan

Jovan Disciple

True, but it is their own choice.

8. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

I'm pretty sure that they are strongly inducted to that by their culture and financial condition. I chose the hard way of going to college and everything because I've never faced hunger and poverty in my family.. most of these people almost prostitute themselves doing that. Of course it's their choice, but otherways are way too hard.

Jovan likes this.
  9. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

you are very right Pedro, Much of thailand is very poor and many of these kids start fighting so they can earn a living for their families but the part that is overlooked is that because it is so ingrained in the culture the kids want to fight many a time so they can bring "honour" to the club and their families

10. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

:censored:Completely off the record:censored: ... :whistle: You are in prison for long time (innocent or guilty) :blackeye: will you sign up the prison fight (fightland) and fight for shorter sentence ?

[hint: You may answer directly or questioning about it]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014
  11. DeeD

DeeD Nak Muay

yea I used to take muay thai fights for free , I actually normally had to pay to enter :confused: so the answer is obvious haha

Jovan, Dave76 and Sneaker like this.
  12. Jovan

Jovan Disciple

Why not? The worst thing that can happen is that I get beat up, what ever happens I got a chance to 'lose' time while training and fighting instead of doing things in jail