I've just tonight been banned from my local club until further notice.

Discussion in 'Aikido' started by john2054, Jan 16, 2014.

1. john2054

john2054 Nearly graduate

I think doing Aikido, and i have been recommended not to do it anymore. Thoughts?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  3. KeithW

KeithW "Just keep training..."

Insufficient information exists to formulate any thoughts on the matter. You're going to have to be a little more informational than this...

Kuyaken likes this.
  4. john2054

john2054 Nearly graduate

Hi keith, it's becos i was trying to arrange a street fight with this woman, and i asked a question on yahoo answers about it, and i think everyone thought that i was going to batter her whereas actually we were just going to mess about. then it got back to my club and im banned for the inforseeable future, whereas she's still able to continue practicing.http://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...3GQPZRKzFQx.;_ylv=3?qid=20140115101452AAoHDsS

5. KeithW

KeithW "Just keep training..."

After reading the Yahoo post, I'd say you got exactly what you deserved. Had you been training in my dojo for 6 months earning the rank of yellow belt, I'd have shown you the door also. If you had been in my dojo for 6 years and earned the rank of shodan, I would have asked you to leave. Setting up ego-prompted street fights just to prove machismo doesn't deserve to be rewarded with additional training until such a time that maturity is legitimately demonstrated.

You asked for thoughts. There you have them.

Jovan and Kuyaken like this.
  6. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

So he stood by you, through thick & thin.....and this is how you repay him? By going and trying to organize a street fight?:rolleyes:
    Firstly, no Aikido practitioner should ever be trying to arrange a fight, or even a full contact sparring match.
    Secondly, if you were trying to showcase your styles techniques, try it against someone clearly of superior size and strength.
    Thirdly, if either of you was even remotely serious, you would have just gone to her mma club where she trains and had at it after a class when everyone is pairing up and sparring.
    Fourthly, doesn't this go against everything you've been telling us you believe in, that you've gone so far as to right books about? You know, all that never having to fight with your new 'style',etc...

Oh and just for the record, in a style that takes a lifetime to become proficient at, saying you aren't a beginner after only 6 months, merely proves just how far you have yet to go!

Jovan, Kuyaken and Eric Dufurrena like this.
  7. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

You are in a place of tough people, so you'll get some tough love on the next replies..
    Anyway, why the hell would you do that? Is she a friend of yours? We can't see the clear side of the story, but even your side seems really stupid.
    I'm not here to say anything about grading, but clearly in these 6 months you say you've benn practicing aikido, you haven't learn a thing from the martial artists responsibility outside the dojo, and this is something an adult should be able to get right away.
    I gotta agree with Keith, you got what you deserved.

Jovan, Dave76 and Eric Dufurrena like this.
  8. Dave76

Dave76 Deheuol Gwyn Dragon

To be honest John, it's your instructor I feel for. It can't have been easy for him to make a decision like this. He actually stuck by you through rape charges, despite how this could of affected his schools reputation. Now you go and try to go against everything Aikido believes and prearrange a fight.....with a woman!
    Pack your bags and consider yourself lucky he didn't give you one last lesson in humility. He's obviously truer to his styles beliefs than you probably deserve.

Kuyaken and Eric Dufurrena like this.
  9. Sneaker

Sneaker Warrior Monk

what did I missed ?

Is this correct ?
    John learned aikido in 6 months and decided arranged a street fight ?

That's it ?

Kuyaken likes this.
  10. Eric Dufurrena

Eric Dufurrena The Iron Fist of Fun

I got nothing to say. This is obviously a slightly extravagant ploy in order to rile people up. No one is that stupid.

DeeD, Kuyaken and Dave76 like this.
  11. john2054

john2054 Nearly graduate

I think that i have come across all wrong in this post. I did nt want to have a street fight so much as a waza demonstration. that means possibly a take down to pin, or at least so ducking and diving. i have done this plenty of times before with other people in the past outside of the dojo setting. I appreciate the good sentiment shown here by more than a few of the posters, and if im going to be completely honest with you i will say that i have had a word with the head of the dojo (who wasnt the guy who banned me last night). Anyway he says that i should take some time out, and reconsider joining in another six months. so all is not lost.http://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...b2znZAyzFQx.;_ylv=3?qid=20140116143141AA57BsQ

12. Kuyaken

Kuyaken Karate for the streets not just for trophies

John, sorry since the threads on creating your own style and your books etc, I don't really believe a word you say anymore.

I think its just another "story" that you're writing used the fourms as material

laters

OSU

13. Void_Karateka

Void_Karateka Pauper Karateka

Seriously man, you came across a complete plank with that post.

Now is a time to really sit down and think long and hard about whether martial arts is for you. Personally I say it's not.

I'm with Kuyaken here, it sounds like a story.

IF it's reality, you should be ashamed of yourself and conduct as an Aikidoka.

Aaron, Sneaker, Kuyaken and 1 other person like this.
  14. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

Lets side step this drama and address the self destructive cycle that you're making sure repeats itself in your life. It seems from what you've revealed to us throughout the months that when things are going well for you then something "bad" happens to burn down your progress and detrimentally affect your personal happiness. You've become almost comfortable in this misery to the point where apparently too many "good" things have been happening in your life without something "bad" happening to spoil it so you created and actively pursued a situation that would only have negative results in your life - the street fight with a female martial artist. I don't care what you call it and it has no bearing on my point other than labeling it a manufactured negative event.

You need to break this cycle in your life. Misery is not your home. It may be your starting point, but don't run back to hide in it every time you make positive gains in your life. Appreciate your own progress, take steps to maintain the gains, and plan and move forward with intent to continue having positive things happening in you and your family's lives. You're no longer a ward of the state so they won't come swooping in to provide temporary structure and support. You now need to stand on your own as a man and stop embracing the negative.

DeeD, Pedro, Sneaker and 3 others like this.
  15. Master Fahy

Master Fahy Samurai

I suppose that,"Congratulations" is in order! Isn't that what you were hoping for? Seems that is your life story! Maybe you can write another book about it! Just a thought! Master Fahy

Sneaker, john2054 and MattCMMA like this.
  16. john2054

john2054 Nearly graduate

Hi Fahy, I can't write about an internet overwhelming loss. Trust me that's just not my style. And RJ and the rest, I appreciate that it seems like i am only digging myself into holes here. But actually that's not it at all. If this were a fight it would be John Robinson against some woman et the world. Round one to some woman and the world. Roll on round two.

17. JesterX

JesterX Disciple

@john2054
    Maybe I'm just not getting the whole story, it's entirely possible that I'm just not seeing some vital fact. But from what I am seeing here, my first thought is that you really just need to grow the f***k up.

18. john2054

john2054 Nearly graduate

@JesterX yeah and you need to mind the F88k out of your own business. D$$k head.

19. Pedro

Pedro Baek Doo San

keep in mind that this is a public forum and if you don't want people giving their opinions on your life, don't start a thread about it

Dave76, Sneaker and Kuyaken like this.
  20. JesterX

JesterX Disciple

Thank you so much for illustrating my point.

Sneaker and Kuyaken like this.
  21. john2054

john2054 Nearly graduate

u swear at me and im happy to return the favour. and that goes for any of the martial artists on here?