I've only come back to give some bad news...It's offical

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Bat Shit Crazy, Jul 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kidds,what fun!It's offical,McKrystal has reinstated the draft!...Some of you may see,experiance and do what I did!..I was an officer so I'm going back to train others...(in the art of killing)..I pray none of you have to go through this!!

3. Ed Bates

Ed Bates Guest

I'm a lot lost. What draft? Who is McKrystal?

Deborah likes this.
  4. Sensei Martin

Sensei Martin Warrior Monk

Problem is, America is NOT at war, and there is NO ENEMY. They are simply expanding their Empire.

Martin

5. Genneral McCrystal,USAF,joint chiefs of staff.I recieve USAF bulitines and veteran updates.(Make no mistake..I shit you not!..No showing off here)..I think it's about time..Some veterans are on 4-7th tours..I've 5 in total but not all in the same theater.Romours are just that but I heard the limits and qualifications are lowered.Still will be hard to get in the USAF.They've always had that luxery.In addition to standard hand to hand,I was a small arms expert.If they'll take me,I'll go since I was an officer being my last rank.(2nd.Lt.)..I mean no boast or bragg but,I can help those who aren't in the know and possibly make the difference of them makeing it home.

6. We've been at war on two fronts for 7 damn yrs Sir!...I see a longer,bloodier war and possible tactical nukes.

7. Enkidu

Enkidu Destroyer of your martial arts fantasies

You've gotta be shitting me. So we invaded Afghanistan to "expand our Empire"? Seriously? Yeah, 9/11 had nothing to do with it. The fact that Al Quada was operating there with impunity under the protection of the Taliban government was just an excuse to expand our empire, right? The fact that the Taliban remains strongly entrenched in various parts of Afghanistan is completely irrelevant to our being there, I suppose. The fact that various militant Islamist groups use Afghanistan and Western Pakistan as staging and training grounds for terrorist training and to launch attacks is just made up. Yeah, we are just trying to set up an Empire...

8. Enkidu

Huh? First no the draft isn't being re-instituted. It was a comment suggesting that the draft should be re-instituted not that it would be, from someone who isn't even in government any more. And where would we use tactical nukes? Why would we even need to? Tactical nukes are a tool for use in a large-scale combined arms warfare against an enemy like former Soviet Bloc. It isn't needed nor would it be effective against what amounts to an insurgency force that use hit and run tactics. Never mind the political realities that it would never be used without making the United States a pariah in the world.

KK, you are fear-mongering. There is no cause whatsoever to believe that the draft will return or that the conflict will escalate in any real marked way, much less to the point where tactical nukes would even be an effective or politically realistic option.

This is just silly.

Battodoka07 likes this.
  9. Enkidu

BTW, only congress has the power to reinstate the draft, and even then it would have to survive a possible veto by the President. Even if McChrystal were still in his position (which he isn't, having retired in 2009 after making some unflattering comments about Vice President Biden) or if his successor, General Patreus, wanted the draft reinstated, even if President Obama agreed with him, none of them have the power to do so.

Eric M. Miller likes this.
  10. It's not as simple as all that.Extreamist insurgents who want only power through Jihad.They pervert thier own religion for suiting thier own agendas..sound familier?We're also fighting the Arib Royals and thier regime's war.(we need thier oil.)It's in the nations best interests as I heard the spin.Pakistan is nuke armed,India is also and are mortal enimies.They're are alot of variables here at play gentlemen.Also,few are aware we are the top arms suppliers.Russia was and to a point still is.Where do ya think all those RPG's came from not to mention the flood of Kalishnikovs and they have thier own version of our .223,the AK74.Isrieal has Galieals in .223's...that's another worry there!They wont confirm or deny they have Jericko nukes..supplied by us.Tactical range in yield,20-50 kilo-tons.S.A.C. ownce had 9 mega-ton warheads,MRVED!

11. MT_Demers

MT_Demers Disciple

You can't be serious Martin! Expanding our empire, WTF! We spend more money helping rebuild and rehab these countries after we have been to these places. Our military strength and don't mess with us attitude has aided in the security of your country as well.

RJ Clark likes this.
  12. I'll do my best to inform should it be required....I seen this one commin!...And there's another also....

13. DharkAwakening

DharkAwakening Grasshoppa

CHRIST. Err'yBody - FORGET THE SOCIO/ECONIMIC/RACIAL/CULTURAL/PLITICAL BULLSHIT PLEASE. I've been there done that and if there's any blame to be had, it's an Administration that not unlike WWII ALLOWED an attack to be landed upon us for the Sole Purpose of Justifying our involvement. Anyone who believes that this Superfluously Large and micro-managing govn't even Can b legitimately threatened in 2012 needs their rationalization Revoked. PLEASE. This is a Martial Arts forum. Where 99% everyone sets aside their Numerous differences (the aforementioned socio/economic... Etc) for the sake of learning from and offering Aid to (not attacks or harassment) other Like Minded individuals. MA. Not IRA, SS, PLO, or even CIA. MARTIAL ARTS. "Thank You and Good Night."

Bruce likes this.
  14. Bruce

Bruce Samurai

Can someone please explain what this thread has to do with the Martial Arts?

Eric M. Miller and NWPSNZ like this.
  15. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

Sorry, but war and all it's facets is a topic that should be covered by MARTIAL artists of every school, system, art, etc. War and strife were why every martial art we practice now was created . No matter how diluted or what tangents it has shot off on, it began with conflict. Sorry if this is a bit disjointed, I wanted to fire this off quickly.
    I'm not trying to instigate arguments, but stimulate discussion. Think for a sec about how "What does war have to do with a martial arts forum?" soundso_O (I'm paraphrasing a bit, but you see what I mean)

Battodoka07 and Deborah like this.
  16. Bruce

Bruce Samurai

Ok partially agree with you, however, isn't war and strife what also drove those same styles apart, and is this forum not about bringing us all together?

This thread is too polarizing, it's creating conflict amoung members who up until recently were on good terms.

Deborah likes this.
  17. Wheater or not you believe me or see my sencierity I could care less...The last thing I want is to be back or back in good graces! I thought enough of people I've met on here who may have sons and daughters of age who may be motivated to serve draft or not.Again,I piss off people for being me and ur right,this is a Martial Arts Forum. "Miemasu kimi dake wo who are with out honor."Translation:I see only those who have no honor. Not ment to any one in paticular here...today.From now on,I don't care how important I think something is..I won't be back again...

18. RJ Clark

RJ Clark Tree Ninja Staff Member

Sorry, I had to take a business call. Agreed to a certain extent. This was a hand grenade tossed in the middle of a picnic. A polarizing topic/issue is harder to not be passionate about. But once in a while, things like this should be discussed (or even argued about a bit) rather than danced around.

Deborah likes this.
  19. Enkidu

See you, take care...

Deborah likes this.
  20. Enkidu

Let's see, you throw out this little gem of nonsense in and then tell everyone to put our differences aside and not discuss it? Seriously, if you want to diffuse the discussion, don't come in here spouting unsubstantiated conspiracy theory bullshit like it is fact. There are two types of 9/11 conspiracy theorists, the MIHOP (made it happen on purpose) crowd and the LIHOP (let it happen on purpose) crowd. Both make ridiculous assertions without a shred of legitimate evidence. The LIHOP group may not be as seriously deranged as the MIHOP group, but they are still fucking nuts. BTW, the theory that Roosevelt permitted the Japanese to attack at Pearl Harbor to justify US involvement in the war is ludicrous and is seriously lacking in proof. That doesn't stop people like you coming onto message boards and asserting that it happened as if it were fact or that there was any serious evidence supporting it.

Deborah and RJ Clark like this.
  21. Deborah

Deborah Ninja

Me too Ed!! xxxXXxxx

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.